Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

ILS Approach Lining Up To The Right Of The Runway - Help

Hi Guys, First off, what an incredible plane the NGX is. I've been waiting years for this as I was a previous owner of the NG for FS9. Well worth the wait. Now to the issue I'm having. I've flown two flights so far (KLAX-KLAS) in the 800WL, AA livery. All is well until I'm on final approach. The LOC and GS are captured, ILS rwy 25R frequency is entered into both NAV radios, Course set (auto feature turned on in PMDG settings). As I'm approaching the runway, I can see on the ND, and out the window visually that I'm coming in just right of the runway, meaning that if I were to allow an autoland, I would have landed on the right side of the runway (basically in the grass/dirt). Both times I've disconnected the AP at 1000 and corrected the landing. It seems as if I'm offset from the true course of the runway. I startup from cold and dark, perform the realistic IRS alignment, and enter the POS into the FMC. I've tried both line selecting the POS from the FMC and entering below, and manually entering my position via the data from hitting SHIFT-Z from FSX. Any help would be really appreciated, as this really screws up the end to an otherwise great flight. Thanks in advance, John Win7 64 Ultimate6GB RAM

Hi Guys, First off, what an incredible plane the NGX is. I've been waiting years for this as I was a previous owner of the NG for FS9. Well worth the wait. Now to the issue I'm having. I've flown two flights so far (KLAX-KLAS) in the 800WL, AA livery. All is well until I'm on final approach. The LOC and GS are captured, ILS rwy 25R frequency is entered into both NAV radios, Course set (auto feature turned on in PMDG settings). As I'm approaching the runway, I can see on the ND, and out the window visually that I'm coming in just right of the runway, meaning that if I were to allow an autoland, I would have landed on the right side of the runway (basically in the grass/dirt). Both times I've disconnected the AP at 1000 and corrected the landing. It seems as if I'm offset from the true course of the runway. I startup from cold and dark, perform the realistic IRS alignment, and enter the POS into the FMC. I've tried both line selecting the POS from the FMC and entering below, and manually entering my position via the data from hitting SHIFT-Z from FSX. Any help would be really appreciated, as this really screws up the end to an otherwise great flight. Thanks in advance, John Win7 64 Ultimate6GB RAM
You need to do this.... http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336155-magnetic-variation-updates-for-fs9-and-fsx/

Make sure that you use the fsx registry utility to correct the registry path of fsx: http://www.tweakfs.c...ools_module.php
Hi Guys, I know this is going to sound like a standard question, but here it goes... Why doesn't this happen with the LDS 767 and the 747x when using the same navdata? Thanks, John