Sign in to follow this  
AutoPilotFrank13

Virtual Airline Referral

Good afternoon everyone, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a good Virtual Airline out there with the 737-800 in their fleet. I have came across some good ones, however you need to do checkrides on VATSIM or other online networks for them. I am searching for one like the good ole days of just filing a PIREP after a flight and not having to do things online?? Thanks!

Hey Frank! http://www.deltava.org/Why I joined DVA and love it:- good online forum/community --- Has a great active forum, very knowledgeable people that help from FS problems, RW flying, to helping build a PC! - flexibility in the sense that my time seems to be increasingly limited, hence fewer than desired flights--- Only requirement is that you log in once every 45 days... easy!- RW ops/route support---- DVA replicates all Code Share flights and the schedule is updated daily to RW schedule!-Obviously the ability to use my own payware--- Use any payware aircraft you want! The one thing they have is "ratings" so you would have to earn your rating in a series of aircraft by taking an exam and check ride, makes it a very fun and learning experience, and they aren't that hard to get!More about DVA:*Has its own VATSIM Online Pilot course - Take a few exams and fly an online CR (This is optional, just another great tool to enjoy FS and VATSIM)*Currently developing its own Flight Academy*Uses its own ACARS (Very accurate flight tracking and submits your PIREP at the end of your flight with detailed info. Example: http://www.deltava.org/pirep.do?id=0xa7e33 ) <- Used the 737-800 *Fleet Library - Freeware aircraft for every aircraft DVA operates*Document library - All operating manuals for the Fleet aircraft, flight encyclopedia, How to read charts, basically anything you need to know about VATSIM flying and a lot more*Online Events - Does several online group flights/events*Dispatch - While sitting at the gate doing pre flight checks, you can enter your DEP, ARR, Equipment type, and submit a Dispatch request. If a dispatcher is online , they will send you a flight plan with some additional info all up to date with current airport operations being used online. If no dispatcher is online, Auto Dispatch will be used, where it brings up a list of routes saved to the system that you can use. During an online event, dispatch becomes ramp control too, controlling your clearance to the taxi way, assigning your squawk code, and the flight plan.*Web Resources - contains links to a number of online sites that can assist you in all manner of flight planning and other ways.*Find a Flight/Browse Schedule/ Route Map - Trouble finding where to fly next? Use these to find a flight that fits what your looking for!*Flight Planning Resources - Includes a route plotter, approach charts, weather center, and more.*Fly any aircraft on any route - As long as you are rated in an aircraft, you can fly your favorite aircraft on your favorite route! Fly a MD11 or 747 on a 1 hr flight or a 12 hr flight! As long as the aircraft can safely make the flight, it is ok to fly it!*Help Desk - The Delta Virtual Airlines Help Desk lets its members communicate with the Instructors and Staff to quickly and easily resolve any issues or answer questions about Delta Virtual Airlines.And I didn't even list all of their features, just the ones that really stick out. Easy entrance exam and great community! Got RW PPL pilots, Military pilots, commercial pilots and it all makes for a great place to learn more about RW aviation.Let me know if you have any questions! Give it a shot! Hope this helps!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I can recommend Scandinavian Virtual Airlines (www.scandinavian-va.net). They operate B736, B737WL, B738 and B738WL. However all flights are either domestic in Sweden, Norway and Denmark or to continental Europe out of Scandinavia with the 737's...The checkride is done with a recorded flight of a landing at runway 26 the ELTOK 2V STAR in FSX and the staff is not to hard when it comes to that...Hope to see you and others at SVA! :)

Try www.ryrvirtual.com from Ireland to Europe, One the largest 737 operators im Not Worthy.gif

Joe Park

I highly DO NOT suggest deltava.org/ I was there for a short time, and it was pure hell through it all. At first I thought "a lot of members must be great!" Not so much. The web page looks like it was last updated in 1997, the "checkrides" for each aircraft are VERY poor. So poor that they're useless. The acars is alright but it consumes quite of bit of hardware just to run, which is horrible for an acars. And don't even bother chatting on the acars unless the only thing you have to say is about how great the VA is otherwise you might get in trouble. This isnt just somebody who has done stupid things, this is just from a weeks experience. I had better experiences with the north Korean government. What happened on the acars, and a few of my buds who also tried out DeltaVa, was I kinda botched a landing into the NYC area (JFK or LGA I dont remember) and I had sad " Crap. I just made a hard landing in new york. =/ " and 1 day later I got suspended for a week and a reprimand in my e-mail. I was thinking this is nuts but what made me leave the VA in whole was the reason for the reprimand was because I said "Crap" on the acars chat. That blew it. I officially left and so did a lot others with very similar experiences.

Not so much. The web page looks like it was last updated in 1997,
--The webpage is updated constantly, the last MAJOR update was 2007.
the "checkrides" for each aircraft are VERY poor. So poor that they're useless.
--There are not check rides for every aircraft, that would suck. And the check rides make you practice. They are challenging, fun, and rewarding. DVA is all about learning and getting better. (Thats why its been featured in so many magazines, even RW Flight magazines and at airshows)
The acars is alright but it consumes quite of bit of hardware just to run, which is horrible for an acars. And don't even bother chatting on the acars unless the only thing you have to say is about how great the VA is otherwise you might get in trouble.
--The ACARS has even surprised some payware developers as to how well designed it is. It uses less than 1% of my hardware. You can say anything you want in the chat as long as its aviation related and contains no profanity.
What happened on the acars, and a few of my buds who also tried out DeltaVa, was I kinda botched a landing into the NYC area (JFK or LGA I dont remember) and I had sad " Crap. I just made a hard landing in new york. =/ " and 1 day later I got suspended for a week and a reprimand in my e-mail. I was thinking this is nuts but what made me leave the VA in whole was the reason for the reprimand was because I said "Crap" on the acars chat.
--You have a valid point there. I also got banned once for saying "Crap" and I think its BS. I'm going to bring this up to senior staff to get changed. There was one point where a lot of immaturity took over for a few months but it seemed that the staff has cleaned that up. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, it really is the best VA I've ever been a part of.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

http://www.flyalaskava.org/ I recently joined and so far it is my favorite VA to fly with (ASA owns 58 738s, 17 737s and 25 739s). All the staff members are freindly and actually fly and chat unlike many other VAs I have tried. You do have to do 15 flights before you can work your way up to the NG but flying the Horizon/Era Alaska routes around the PNW/Alaska is fun and you get to learn the local geography. I like that idea better then taking tests and checkrides.

I highly DO NOT suggest deltava.org/ I was there for a short time, and it was pure hell through it all. At first I thought "a lot of members must be great!" Not so much. The web page looks like it was last updated in 1997, the "checkrides" for each aircraft are VERY poor. So poor that they're useless. The acars is alright but it consumes quite of bit of hardware just to run, which is horrible for an acars. And don't even bother chatting on the acars unless the only thing you have to say is about how great the VA is otherwise you might get in trouble. This isnt just somebody who has done stupid things, this is just from a weeks experience. I had better experiences with the north Korean government. What happened on the acars, and a few of my buds who also tried out DeltaVa, was I kinda botched a landing into the NYC area (JFK or LGA I dont remember) and I had sad " Crap. I just made a hard landing in new york. =/ " and 1 day later I got suspended for a week and a reprimand in my e-mail. I was thinking this is nuts but what made me leave the VA in whole was the reason for the reprimand was because I said "Crap" on the acars chat. That blew it. I officially left and so did a lot others with very similar experiences.
Agreed. They failed me on a checkride where I proved a staff member wrong on things that he marked me down for when really I was correct.