Sign in to follow this  
compressor_stall

Windows Defender and FSX

Wow, everyday i learn sg new, which mean a few fps or more:) One more week and I'm there :(

If you're using the external frame rate limiter, then do not remove Java. It depends on this and will not work without it.

I advise against Kaspersky. Yuck! What an intrusive, obnoxious piece of programing! (With a huge footprint) I know I say this all the time, but Microsoft Security Essentials is the best thing since Windows 7. What a great, free, light weight, safe program!
I am close to renewal of my subscription with Kasperski and i couldn't agree with you more. Silly question but i've always believed that nothing's for free. Would i be wrong in this case, because i would pay money for a antivirus program that wasn't a pain in *ss.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

would this also apply to MS Security Essentials (my defender is not on, but it may have been automatically turned off with Essentials). What should I adjust in Essentials (if anything)?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

This is in the intro manual guys...
So true.I feel like i'm one of the few People who actually read the Introduction Manual. It's a pity, because PMDG put a lot of efford into this, to prevent you to manually Look it up. It's made for you, to get the Best experience possible...Jan Reinecke

Fyi, I was reminding people not to forget about windows defender (I run avast! antivirus) running as well. I forgot that windows defender was scanning files as well, even though I had excluded fsx from avast! already. I did read the intro manual before setup, you know, I'm not an imbecile. Yawn.gif

So true.I feel like i'm one of the few People who actually read the Introduction Manual.It's a pity, because PMDG put a lot of efford into this, to prevent you to manually Look it up. It's made for you, to get the Best experience possible... Jan Reinecke
Same here! I don't own the NGX (Strictly FS9 here) but every other plane I've got from PMDG, I sat down and read the entire manual. I appreciate the effort put into the manual and like to know everything I can about the aircraft I just bought.

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

I have a dedicated computer for FSX. No anti-virus, no Office, nothing! FSX anfd the addons. I only go on the internet to download stuff for FSX (like the 737NGX) - that's it.

Paul Gugliotta

So true.I feel like i'm one of the few People who actually read the Introduction Manual.It's a pity, because PMDG put a lot of efford into this, to prevent you to manually Look it up. It's made for you, to get the Best experience possible... Jan Reinecke
I "have" read the manual. I believe my first post was conveying the difficulty meeting those recomendations with my particular antivirus app. My second post was an attempt to find out if maybe Microsoft Security Essentials would be a better app to achieve those recomendations and add to the stability of my product.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Good tip ! Idea.gif

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest Turboblower

NOD32 is the one I would recommend, has a very small footprint. See the post @ simforums NickN's win 7 tuning guide.

Just because I didn't remember this particular tip from the manual, it doesn't means I haven't read it... tongue.png About the report: actually, I haven't seen changes on FPS... but I forgot to exclude fsx.exe - and I guess my rig won't give me more than I already have...