Sign in to follow this  
derianc

Good flights with the 737?

"...hopefully we will have enough to get back..." Haha. And if you don't? Too bad you can't get the gravel kit on these babies.
haha then ill spend another night in canada prob edmonton or prince albert. is the gravel kit the protective plate they put on the nosegear?

haha then ill spend another night in canada prob edmonton or prince albert. is the gravel kit the protective plate they put on the nosegear?
That plus "vortex dissapators", a retractable beacon light, and various other protections against flying debris. Very neat. Alaska's old Mud Hens (retired, RIP) were gravel kitted -200s. Nice explanation of the mod by Boeing. http://www.b737.org.uk/unpavedstripkit.htm Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

These are some pretty cool routes. Just now finished YMML-YSCB and ofc during taxi the brakes didn't work so I ran right through the gate... Splended :(

Wow. I dare anyone to try to do the ILS/NDB into CYRB using the NGX (or any aircraft). I don't know if it was the variation being so off since its so far up north, or if my approach skills just aren't as good as I thought but I had to do 3 missed approaches, and finally realized the headings were all off all that I could really rely on was the glideslope and the ND's depiction of the airport. I used V/S mode to hold the glideslope, and HDG SEL to keep me on the white dashed line, then broke through minimums about 300 feet to the right of the runway, had enough time to disengage and hand fly it to a decent touchdown. I'm so exhausted. Has anyone else landed here?? I challenge you to!

I love flying in Norway up around ALTA (ENAT) and Trondheim. Such a pretty country and can be demanding to fly. I Use Oslo as a base and fly all over Europe but try to stick to SAS routes.

Read some years ago about an Alaska Airlines B738 flight from PANC to KORD on the summer soltice. The flight departs in the summer twilight then transitions through dusk as the flight gets further south, then to dawn as the flight approaches KORD. Not sure of the times, bur if you experiment you should be almost in dusk/ dawn for most of the flight.Bruce.

Wow. I dare anyone to try to do the ILS/NDB into CYRB using the NGX (or any aircraft). I don't know if it was the variation being so off since its so far up north, or if my approach skills just aren't as good as I thought but I had to do 3 missed approaches, and finally realized the headings were all off all that I could really rely on was the glideslope and the ND's depiction of the airport. I used V/S mode to hold the glideslope, and HDG SEL to keep me on the white dashed line, then broke through minimums about 300 feet to the right of the runway, had enough time to disengage and hand fly it to a decent touchdown. I'm so exhausted. Has anyone else landed here?? I challenge you to!
Yessir, flown all over that area (virtually of course), as I live in northern Alberta, like to fly close to home so to speak. Try hitting some of those airports in the winter, when there is no light at all for a couple months, makes for some hairy flying.

I guess i'll do it. xD
i flew from YSSY to NZAA the other day with the 747x and was surprised to see how well the default airports are done in FSX.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable