Sign in to follow this  
Hawk777th

Boeings Cockpit Color?

Just wondered if any one knew how they came up with the Brown/Tan color they use. I think it is butt ugly. Was there some kinda study done or is it just random? I love Boeing and their planes just look at the NGXs cockpit color scheme and it looks beautiful and the others blah.

How dare you call brown ugly. The 777 has the best looking cockpit in a plane and the color helps out a lot.

How dare you call brown ugly. The 777 has the best looking cockpit in a plane and the color helps out a lot.
I disagree. Ah... the brown/green backlight combination... Nothing but ugly! But hey, that's my opinion. wink.png

I think it looks pretty nice. It suits the big cockpit. Could not imagine it on the 737 though.

Maybe for situational use? when you see blue out the window you know your good, but brown, green or any other terrain color you know your in for it? haha just a guess.. but I guess your screwed if your flying over a nice blue ocean biggrin.png

Maybe they want the brown so the flight deck looks as little like an Airbus as possible.

Brown makes you feel at home, in a cozy little room. That's why I don't like airbuses / md's and 737's as much as the 747. The blue/grey color is hostile, imo.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Psychology of Color: BrownThis color is most associated with reliability, stability, and friendship. More are more likely to select this as their favorite color. It's the color of the earth itself "terra firma" and what could represent stability better. It too is associated with things being natural or organic. Caution however, for in India it is the color of mourning. source http://www.precisionintermedia.com/color.html

I disagree. Ah... the brown/green backlight combination... Nothing but ugly! But hey, that's my opinion. wink.png
Think it's fancy...! Party.gif 'course the reddish glow like found on NGs is classic, but nonetheless.
Maybe they want the brown so the flight deck looks as little like an Airbus as possible.
Yeah that must be it!! LMAO.gifsig.gif

Psychology of Color: BrownThis color is most associated with reliability, stability, and friendship. More are more likely to select this as their favorite color. It's the color of the earth itself "terra firma" and what could represent stability better. It too is associated with things being natural or organic. Caution however, for in India it is the color of mourning. source http://www.precision....com/color.html
this is the logical reason an engineer would have made for the color brown .... all the other explanations are just silly.

Well the 737NG isnt really brown, and the 787. Its more black but atleast the 747-8 is still brown. 747 cockpit is sexy