Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Nice things I have noticed about the PMDG NGX

Sound:If you go to the wing view you will hear realistic flap sounds (whining sound) from the passengers perspective. But of course you don't hear it in the cockpit. Also the fuel pumps have this whining sound which is realistic. This reminds me of the aircraft when going on holiday. I hope PMDG keep this sound detail in mind as it is very good, for future developments. Flight ControlsBoth rudder and aerolons seem more sensitive? I have never flown a real 737 so I can't judge this. But it feels different to the old 737NG? They have obviously been thinking about this? CDUI like the way the PMDG options and FS options are hidden in the CDU menu . You never have to leave the cockpit.

+1 The NGX is just so realistic !!I bet the Development team are very proud of their achievement. Thumbs up X 100 Fred.

Flight ControlsBoth rudder and aerolons seem more sensitive? I have never flown a real 737 so I can't judge this. But it feels different to the old 737NG? They have obviously been thinking about this?
It's very responsive! My limited time in a certain airline's 737 FFS gave me a good sense of the responsiveness of the aircraft. The only other addon that mimicks this nicely is the Level-D 767.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

In addition to all of those, I think the FCTM is one of the best manuals to come with that package... it has a lot of common sense stuff, but it's incredible how you can fine tune your skills with it.

try the Stall Test, look at the control colum while its on, it shakes!! .Theres a 100 other things I love about this machine. The attention to detail is very impresive.

try the Stall Test, look at the control colum while its on, it shakes!! .Theres a 100 other things I love about this machine. The attention to detail is very impresive.
I tried that today. Very believable. I can recognize the sound well, too!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It's a beautiful plane, but I'm really blown away by the sound set and how alive this plane sounds, especially from the outside. I don't recall having any other add ons with such authentic external sounds, or internal for that matter. NGX has raised the bar far above any of the others.

Chris Hicks

when you stalling the plane if you are are in flaps 1 2 or5 you can observe the slats enxtend to the fully extended position -------cool!

Spend some time in the cockpit at night playing with the lighing controls. Absolutely mind blowing. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest Turboblower

And hearing the engines spool down too, awesome.

Spend some time in the cockpit at night playing with the lighing controls. Absolutely mind blowing. Ray
No kidding! I love flying at night for this exact reason :)

Sante Sottile

Spend some time in the cockpit at night playing with the lighing controls. Absolutely mind blowing.Ray
was doing just that and came across the "Dome White" lighting switch and toggled between the two settings Dim and Bright. No difference between the two positions I noted. I then Connected ground power at the CDU and went back to the overhead to switch from battery power to GND power and as soon as I moved the momentary switch, the Dome lights got brighter!! I must have left the switch on Bright and then coming off battery power, the ngx switched to the brighter setting from a power saving mode. Can this be right? If so, it's another testimony to the depth of this simulation and I am finding that it is adding to the immersion factor. First aircraft I have spent so much time going over every little detail and actually savoring every little nuance.

best virtual cockpit built to date,used to hate flying virtual cockpit in md-11,but j41 and ngx has made me love it,what would we have done with fsx had pmdg not been around,that is a scary thoughtvivek