Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Felix

PMDG & Radar Contact

I like to use Radar Contact (RC) as my ATC. I have had a problem with flightplans that have sharp turns at waypoints. The FMC starts these turns prior to the waypoint and RC sees this as a missed waypoint and will try to direct me back to that waypoint. Is there a way to force the NGX to start its turns after crossing the waypoint. The only way that I've been able to do this is to move the turn beyond the waypoint by adding a distance to the route page (e.g., waypoint/5). Is there a better way of doing this?

you can increase the margin of error of the waypointsin Radar Contact options or you can use the DCT option in the main RC window while in FSX. Just request direct to next waypoint. Even the MD11 had this problem.

Thanks for your reply. I thought that there should be a way to adjust the waypoint tolerance but I can't find it in the RC manual or at RC's forum. Could you tell me how this is done? RC and PMDG are great together.

Guest Turboblower

Charlie, under deviations in "General" change "Heading 15 deg to a higher number.

I like to use Radar Contact (RC) as my ATC. I have had a problem with flightplans that have sharp turns at waypoints. The FMC starts these turns prior to the waypoint and RC sees this as a missed waypoint and will try to direct me back to that waypoint. Is there a way to force the NGX to start its turns after crossing the waypoint. The only way that I've been able to do this is to move the turn beyond the waypoint by adding a distance to the route page (e.g., waypoint/5). Is there a better way of doing this?
It is called turn anticipation Charlie for non-flyover waypoints. Otherwise LNAV would always overshoot. It is dynamic and depends on the magnitude of the turns, speed etc. On this plane LNAV can anticipate up to a 90 degree turn max.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================