Sign in to follow this  
pilotguy03

CLS MD-81 and 767 thoughts

Hello everybody! I was planning on purchasing the CLS MD-81. Is it worth it? What are your favorite things on the MD-81?All thoughts are welcome! Please don't start arguments. I was also planning on buying the CLS 767. Is it worth it? What are your favorite things on the 767?All thoughts are welcome! Please don't start arguments. ------I am NOT a hardcore simmer. More of a light to medium. I don't have all day to go through checklists and flip switches...so are the planes worth it?------ Cheers! -Jay

Hi Jay, I have the CLS MD-81 and like it a lot. The VC is especially good looking, the "feel" of the flight dynamics is very stable and almost heavy, and the external model is nicely detailed. There's a nice selection of user repaints available. I also bought the MD-87 expansion to go with it on sale at half price, so a very good value for me all around. John

Hi Jay, I have the CLS MD-81 and like it a lot. The VC is especially good looking, the "feel" of the flight dynamics is very stable and almost heavy, and the external model is nicely detailed. There's a nice selection of user repaints available. I also bought the MD-87 expansion to go with it on sale at half price, so a very good value for me all around. John
Thank you so much for your opinions. They are GREATLY appreciated! How are the frames on the MD-81Cheers! -Jay

I keep my frames locked, so I've never really compared. But the MD-81 runs very smoothly for me with no performance issues. John

I keep my frames locked, so I've never really compared. But the MD-81 runs very smoothly for me with no performance issues. John
What do you mean by "locked frames"? \Cheers! -Jay

The MD-80 series is very nice. I also have the 767 but after flying the Quality Wings 757, the CLS 767 cockpit just doesn't do it for me. I understand that they are working on a upgraded version of their 747 that I am sure will be nice. Honestly, their 747 and MD80 are their best products. Their Airbus products are outdated and their DC-10 was kind of a dud. If you are looking for aircraft with medium-light system depth, look at the following: CLS MD-80 SeriesCLS 747Quality Wings 757Aerosoft AirbusX The 757 is the best of the bunch and you can cutomize it to be really light or more in depth.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

The MD-80 series is very nice. I also have the 767 but after flying the Quality Wings 757, the CLS 767 cockpit just doesn't do it for me. I understand that they are working on a upgraded version of their 747 that I am sure will be nice. Honestly, their 747 and MD80 are their best products. Their Airbus products are outdated and their DC-10 was kind of a dud. If you are looking for aircraft with medium-light system depth, look at the following: CLS MD-80 SeriesCLS 747Quality Wings 757Aerosoft AirbusX The 757 is the best of the bunch and you can cutomize it to be really light or more in depth.
Thank you so much for your opinions. They are GREATLY appreciated! I tried the QW757 but the installation failed (zipped file), so I gave up on the 757, If only CLS made a 757 or 737. Cheers! -JayAre these computer specs good enough to run the 2 aircraft? (found from Welcome Center) Windows Vista Home PremiumIntel® Core2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz3.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS Cheers! -JayThank you so much for your opinions. They are GREATLY appreciated! I tried the QW757 but the installation failed (zipped file), so I gave up on the 757, If only CLS made a 757 or 737. Cheers! -JayAre these computer specs good enough to run the 2 aircraft?(found from Welcome Center)Windows Vista Home PremiumIntel® Core™2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz3.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 8400M GSCheers!-Jay

Just a question: what do you mean when you say you "tried the QW757 but the installation failed due to a zipped file"...? Do you mean that the zipped file was corrupt or something? Why didn't you simply ask support? These computer specs aren't very high. If you are using any detailed scenery, you might find that the planes, especially the 747 could end up being problematic. The 747, while it is a great aircraft, is a ported FS9 model and as such leaves much to be desired, performance wise, in FSX.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I have both MD-81 and 767 from CLS, i mainly fly QW 757 and CLS md-81. The 767 is strange at the performance area.... sometimes i got serious performance issues in the vc, and sometimes not so serious, but always there are something going on in the 767, i dont fly it anymore since with their md-81 is really amazing, how is modelled, how its fly and performance. Maybe this problem is on my PC exclusively, but with my old system was the same, and with my new rig is the same, so game over. I dont have a single bad word to CLS, the service is always good, but not all can be perfect hehehehe.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

What do you mean by "locked frames"? \Cheers! -Jay
Under Options/Settings/Display I keep my target frame rate set at 22; it can't go higher. John

Under Options/Settings/Display I keep my target frame rate set at 22; it can't go higher. John
Thanks!
I have both MD-81 and 767 from CLS, i mainly fly QW 757 and CLS md-81. The 767 is strange at the performance area.... sometimes i got serious performance issues in the vc, and sometimes not so serious, but always there are something going on in the 767, i dont fly it anymore since with their md-81 is really amazing, how is modelled, how its fly and performance. Maybe this problem is on my PC exclusively, but with my old system was the same, and with my new rig is the same, so game over. I dont have a single bad word to CLS, the service is always good, but not all can be perfect hehehehe.
What do you mean by serious performance issues? What kind? Thanks! -Jay
Just a question: what do you mean when you say you "tried the QW757 but the installation failed due to a zipped file"...? Do you mean that the zipped file was corrupt or something? Why didn't you simply ask support? These computer specs aren't very high. If you are using any detailed scenery, you might find that the planes, especially the 747 could end up being problematic. The 747, while it is a great aircraft, is a ported FS9 model and as such leaves much to be desired, performance wise, in FSX.
When the download opened, it said"Windows cannot open the extracted (zipped) file"If I try to extract it, it won't let me. See my post HEREI usually get around 20 to 35 FPS.

Dude, you are letting this zip file issue stump you and it shouldn't - its like giving up on a new computer because you can't find the power button. You need access to zip files to do anything with FS - every add on file at AVSIM and FS.com is a zip file. I think you need to overcome this issue before you look at any add ons. Download Winrar, install the proper version for your system, tell it to handle all the files listed and tick the option to integrate in to the windows shell. Once installed, just right click on the folder and the options to unzip it will show in the menu. http://www.win-rar.com/download.html As Mentioned, the CLS747 is a performance hog and after looking at your system specs, I think you will have trouble with it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Dude, you are letting this zip file issue stump you and it shouldn't - its like giving up on a new computer because you can't find the power button. You need access to zip files to do anything with FS - every add on file at AVSIM and FS.com is a zip file. I think you need to overcome this issue before you look at any add ons. Download Winrar, install the proper version for your system, tell it to handle all the files listed and tick the option to integrate in to the windows shell. Once installed, just right click on the folder and the options to unzip it will show in the menu. http://www.win-rar.com/download.html As Mentioned, the CLS747 is a performance hog and after looking at your system specs, I think you will have trouble with it.
Well when I download files from AVSIM, I have no problems, it opens up right away. Sometimes though, it does not.