Sign in to follow this  
Jack_C

Do you Really Need Speedbrakes VIDEO?

Hey all. Here is another demo video. First it starts off by demonstrating a NADP2 departure. The second part is to show you that you do not really need speedbrakes to get back in the game. The third part is demonstrating the autobrake and how well PMDG simulated it and its accuracy. If you take a look at the deceleration distance formula: 1/2 X (speed in feet per second) X (time to decelerate to 0). So in my case my Vref speed is 142 which is a 240 feet per minute rate of speed. The autobrake 3 setting decelerates the 737 at a rate of 7 feet per second. So the time to decelerate to 0 is approximately 34 seconds. So.... 1/2 X 240 X 34 = 4080 feet. So as soon as the wheels touch down and braking begins it should take 4080 feet to stop. I touched down 1500 feet down the runway so you have to add this to the 4080 feet. So that is about 5600. After doing the calculations you can see on this chart where I stopped and where I SHOULD have stopped. There is a difference of maybe 2-300 feet. Damn fine job PMDG! Runway.PNG

http://vimeo.com/27673259

Take a close look at this video. Lots of great information concerning proper techniques to use in most phases of flight. Great video, thanks Jack!

You estimated 34 seconds to stop, took you 36. That's pretty ****** accurate. Nice video!

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Jack, --How long have you been flying the NG in real life?

You estimated 34 seconds to stop, took you 36. That's pretty ****** accurate. Nice video!
Hey Kenneth. I didn't even think about timing it so thanks for doing that!
Jack, --How long have you been flying the NG in real life?
Ben Cap, 5 years now on the NG.

Guest Tamadeez

Wooo! these videos are awesome. Really teaches us how to truly operate the NG.

Yes but would you really do that in real life with passengners aboard. Would think the passenagers would be noticing those ups and downs.

Yes but would you really do that in real life with passengners aboard. Would think the passenagers would be noticing those ups and downs.
Passengers wouldn't know the difference. Sure the difference between 257 kts and 310 might seem like a lot BUT the ANGLE might only be a coupke degrees.

Good stuff Jack, I loved it! Learned some very interesting things there, thanks a bunch! Feel free to do a whole series Praying.gif

Guest Tamadeez

Hey Jack. Would you know what would cause the Heading Select Roll Mode to dissapear after pushing TOGA. I still get N1 in speed and TO/GA in pitch. Thanks

Hey Tamati. Go to your options menu on the CDU. I think its in systems or something. You will see somewhere where its WINGS LEVEL/ HDG SEL. Use HDG SEL and your heading select will not disappear