Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suchw

cant assign autopilot engage or others to CH Yoke hardware

Hi All I have a button on my CH yoke that allows me to press to disengage the Autopilot but it will not engage the autopilot, this is strange because it works fine if i toggle the Z key, PMDG uses its own code EG i deleted the Z mapping key out of FSX and it still worked with the PMDG assigned key, its a real pain in the neck that cant map to a hardware device direct from the CDU keys setup screen, i really need to be able to enable the AP without stuffing around with views or heading for the z key in that critical phase of accelerating after lift off, anybody have any solutions, somebody suggested linda but not sure how to use, thanks in advance RegardsWayne

note that even when assigning the Z key through FSUIPC still cant enable the cmd a Wayne

worked this out, create a mouse macro in FSUIPC then assign a key then bind this to the hardware button, seems to work very well, maybe could do this for the gear as well Wayne

I'm using a CH Yoke and was able to assign button to AP on/off by mapping it through FSUIPC and also the TOGA button. Did you disable controllers in the FSX main program; that may be the difference is my controller is completely controlled via FSUIPC and disabled in FSX and I have no issues.

yes I am using exclusively with Mouse Macros, worked for the gear switch also Wayne

Note that I'm using key macros in FSUIPC almost exclusively for any function that can be used. On my TQ and my joystick.