Sign in to follow this  
GigiUSA

Engines on, but no acceleration! Please help!

Hello,I am having a little problem that I'm pretty sure is something silly, but is preventing me from flying this beautiful airplane. When I load the airplane it is powered but the engines are off (i don't have the ready for take off state). So I follow the procedure in order to start up the engines and they do it without a single problem. They stabilize at N1 22% (or so) and all warning lights are off. I must say here that at this point all panels, switches and instruments work fine ( no freezes or anything like that). So I proceed to start the taxi and my problem comes: I see the thrust levers moving up as I move them BUT nothing happens with the power!!!!!!! N1 remains the same.... no single change!!!! And off couse the a/c doesn't move a single inch (park breakes are released of course). I'm trying to see if anyone can give me guidance in this issue. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. One more thing even with the engines on the duct pressure is 0, is that normal? I appreciate all your help. ThanksGiovanni Lo

Check - Parking brake is not set- In FMC, goto PMDG menu or FSactions menu (cant remeber which) and in ground connections menu, remove the Chocks. Should be good to go then!

-Iain Watson-

Thanks for answering. Yes chocks and parking breakes are removed as per checklist. I'm able to pushback normally. Any other ideas?

What happens if you revert to the engines running startup state - do the throttles work then? (On the PMDG setup menu press DEL then press right LSK4. Quit and start FSX again, load the NGX and it should come up with engines running).

What FSX start-up state are you using? I think I remember seeing that some other people had this problem, and going back to the stock FSX start-up state fixed it.

I had the climb issue, if I took of from FAJS (5500') I would get less than 200fpm @ 8000' and she did not wanna accelerate past V2. Once she did though, very very sluggish, and the speed got above 200 she would climb normally.I had my doubts about the FSUIPC fix but decided to try it yesterday. Deleted the ini file and she behaves normally now.FRED

I had a problem (which I believe is fixed with the "Hot fix") where the aircraft stopped working while the FS world continued on.... engines were running but even at full power the aircraft wouldnt move..... For me this was one of the signs that told me I was about to get an Out of Memory message! Maybe try the "Hot fix" if you havent already.

Cheers,
Ryan

Professional Coffee Drinker/BAe146 Driver
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Hi guys,Thanks you all for your kind responses. I have tried the solutions above recommended, still not working :-(. I will try the 739 this am and see what happens. I implemented the hot fix already. It just seem very odd that with engines on you have 0 pressure in the duct/pack system. Also as se one suggested my engines on ready to fly panel status doesn't work (i have already tried the tweaks in the pmdg file as suggested in other threads). Any help will be appreciated. G

Listen, I had this problem too like 2 days ago and i managed to fix it permanently it seems. I made a thread about it but I guess it disapeared into the jumble of em' on here. Rolling%20Eyes.gif So, when you are starting the right engine first, be sure to have packs OFF and cross-bleed on Auto and try giving it some throttle during start-up and see if that works. Remember, fuel at 25 N2

I always start right engine first with packs off and valve in auto. Let me try giving some thrust during start up. Will report bak in a moment. Thanks