Sign in to follow this  
kantk2008

Is it just me or is there something wrong with the NGX Sounds?

Like, they don't sound realistic at all from the interior. I've been on 6 737-800 flights in the past month, and have sit in various areas of the plane, and it just doesn't sound like the NGX. The biggest concern I have is that the 'trent 800' spoolup whine present in the NGX really isn't there in the real aircraft. It's more of a buzzing sound I have heard in all real life videos and my own plentiful experiences, I have never heard this trent 700/800 whine during spoolup from around 25% N1 to 45% N1 on the 737. It's there on the NGX, and doesn't sound...right. Another thing I saw is that the when in the aft wing view, the sounds aren't realistic at all. In the real thing, when the engines are at full power, you can't really hear the engines, it's more of a very loud rumbling noise. In this, there is no rumbling, but you can hear the engines perfectly. It doesn't seem right IMO. In the 747-400X, the engine noises changed correctly depending on the part of the cabin you are in, and the rumbling was present in the aft area of the plane...that's not there in the NGX. Just two points I thought of, for me the plane is great but the sounds...I don't know, for me they are not very great. All my opinion of course. Karan

Hello, Since I just have the ngx 1 day I will not critisise too mutch and also I am no real life pilot... only thing I am missing is the ratteling of the airframe / windows sound. I think the 747 / j41 does have this sound and I like to immercion it gives me, although again I do not know how in real life it all sounds when taking off from within the cockpit. Maikel RozemeijerNL

I've been on 6 737-800 flights in the past month, and have sit in various areas of the plane, and it just doesn't sound like the NGX.
Not in the flight deck apparently... most certainly.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Like, they don't sound realistic at all from the interior. I've been on 6 737-800 flights in the past month, and have sit in various areas of the plane, and it just doesn't sound like the NGX. The biggest concern I have is that the 'trent 800' spoolup whine present in the NGX really isn't there in the real aircraft. It's more of a buzzing sound I have heard in all real life videos and my own plentiful experiences, I have never heard this trent 700/800 whine during spoolup from around 25% N1 to 45% N1 on the 737. It's there on the NGX, and doesn't sound...right. Another thing I saw is that the when in the aft wing view, the sounds aren't realistic at all. In the real thing, when the engines are at full power, you can't really hear the engines, it's more of a very loud rumbling noise. In this, there is no rumbling, but you can hear the engines perfectly. It doesn't seem right IMO. In the 747-400X, the engine noises changed correctly depending on the part of the cabin you are in, and the rumbling was present in the aft area of the plane...that's not there in the NGX. Just two points I thought of, for me the plane is great but the sounds...I don't know, for me they are not very great. All my opinion of course. Karan
I do believe that the engines in the 738 are not trent . there us & french "cfm's " Ste, and they are very accurate m8

The biggest concern I have is that the 'trent 800' spoolup whine present in the NGX really isn't there in the real aircraft. It's more of a buzzing sound I have heard in all real life videos and my own plentiful experiences, I have never heard this trent 700/800 whine during spoolup from around 25% N1 to 45% N1 on the 737. It's there on the NGX, and doesn't sound...right.
The devs have recorded using HQ condenser mics so the sound set should be quite right...
I do believe that the engines in the 738 are not trent . there us & french "cfm's "
Read closely... that's pretty much what he says, right? sig.gif

Not in the flight deck apparently... most certainly.
No, not in the flight deck, just the cabin, twice in front of the engine, twice next to it and twice behind it, quite near to the PMDG predefined views.

Totally different sound when you sit in the cockpit to sitting next to them in the cabin - sounds in my opinion very realistic - ive sat in many cockpits and totally different noise to sitting in the back

No, not in the flight deck, just the cabin, twice in front of the engine, twice next to it and twice behind it, quite near to the PMDG predefined views.
I think i know what you mean, Are you saying that the sound as in tone etc is different? Like at the back you suggested a much louder and rumbled sound.. ?

You're wrong about that, it depends on where you're sitting. If you sit in the back, you hear almost nothing. When you sit in the front, you hear the spool up sound but not that much, same for the buzzing sound at full power. But if you sit in the cockpit during takeoff, it sounds exactly like the NGX. The more you sit in the front of the engines, the more of spool up sound and buzzing sound you will hear. I can know this, because I've been in the cockpit of a 737-800WL from Transavia during takeoff. It sounded pretty much exactly the same. And the sounds are exactly the same, because they're recorded from the real plane. Therefore, they're extremely close. Arjen Vandervelde

I think the sound set is awesome - but then I'm not a pilot, so what do I know? rolleyes.gif

^im%20Not%20Worthy.gif PMDG recorded the sounds with a microphone in a real NG. How can you say the sounds are wrong? Quite funny actually.

I go over to Alicante about 4 times a year, and i always go on the Ryanair 738 and i order priority boarding because i like to sit next to the engines. they are loud there and the sound from this addon to me is as accurate than the real thing... Regards Ste, p.s But there are people who have different opinions.

I went to watch a 737 depart from the runway yesterday afternoon, I really liked the job PMDG did, one thing I heard was 40%N1 or somewhere around there, the engines spooled up then went silent then the rumble took place, it was like a cup of happiness!

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I was just about to start a topic about how excellent and realistic the whole sound set turned out when I saw this thread.I guess you can't please everyone; we all depict the universe differently. On the other hand, I've read from someone in another thread who flies Ryanair regularly and has been on many of their planes and reported that all of their NG's sound differently. Cheers,