Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Why is Simconnect going crazy with NGX?

I use to check my Simconnect connection a program AITraffic.exe on my laptop.It's a simple check if Simconnect is properly working before the flight.Every other aircraft shows:Connected to Flight Simulator!Received:2That's how I know that it's working good.But with NGX, I get:...AI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxx...And it's permanently doing that. Not stopping. Anyone noticed the same thing?Does it impact the performance?

Anyone noticed the same thing?Does it impact the performance?
Yep, posted about it earlier. Not sure about performance impact, but it does cause EFB to burp once in a while.

I use to check my Simconnect connection a program AITraffic.exe on my laptop.It's a simple check if Simconnect is properly working before the flight.Every other aircraft shows:Connected to Flight Simulator!Received:2That's how I know that it's working good.But with NGX, I get:...AI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxxAI object removed: Type=1, ObjectID=xxxxxx...And it's permanently doing that. Not stopping. Anyone noticed the same thing?Does it impact the performance?
I would like to do this test : How do you do it?Do you have to be using AI in FSX e.g.? With FSX (server) and client pc running with PMDGNG (no AI traffic) loaded I see:simcontst.jpg

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Looks like NGX also have problems in letting Aivlasoft EFB showing traffic as well.

Looks like NGX also have problems in letting Aivlasoft EFB showing traffic as well.
Traffic shows if I use FSInn with Apollo server - otherwise you are correct no traffic with Aivlasoft EFB.FSX on main and running EFB display on a laptop and FSInn is running on it to, through my network. Now started another flt KJFK to KSFO and AI have appeared ???? ( without Apollo.)Strange Rolling%20Eyes.gif Denis Brown

I am not joking here --- The objects that keeps being created by Simconnect, and then removed are BEER BARRELs. ( simobjects/misc/bucket ) I suspect it is being used to "probe" the space around the aircraft, and will indicate a crash with anything they hit..?.Some form of Advanced Terrain Avoidance, or TCAS system. ?? While it may looks alarming when looking at the Simconnect log, in the big swing of things, it uses very little processing. Would be interested in the OFFICIAL explanation of exactly what it is doing. Geoff

I just found about another thread, sorry for opening a new one. It might impact performance a little bit, the question is really why it is doing. I wrote a support ticket to PMDG about it, and got an answer from Paul Gollnick:"I am not sure why you would need to check the Simconnect operation within FSX? Simconnect is an imbedded function of FSX and should always be running. If it is not, the sim will not operate and you would be seeing all sorts of problems. If Simconnect were not working properly the 737NGX would fail to run so I am certain that the operation is correct if you are able to fly the aircraft. As to what the application you are using is seeing, I couldn't begin to guess." It kind of puzzles me why they question my way of checking my connection. Having a network, a laptop that I often carry into my company, which is also used for simming, I often change my network settings, thus sometimes I have no AI, and the fastest way to check is if Simconnect is working, since all my additional programs like SB4, AS are running off the laptop.Simconnect is embedded function, yes, but also needs to be installed on laptop manually through editing of XML file, adding appropriate files to each machine to get it working properly. Either he doesn't know what he's talking about, or he misunderstood me. And one another thing: I'm not using AI at all, and no AI programs on the side. Only running programs are FSX on the main computer with WideFS Server, Laptop -> WideFS Client, SB4, Activesky.I even checked without any online connection, it still is causing this. DOES NOT happen with any other aircraft! Default or addon.

It might impact performance a little bit, the question is really why it is doing. I wrote a support ticket to PMDG about it, and got an answer from Paul Gollnick:"I am not sure why you would need to check the Simconnect operation within FSX? Simconnect is an imbedded function of FSX and should always be running. If it is not, the sim will not operate and you would be seeing all sorts of problems. If Simconnect were not working properly the 737NGX would fail to run so I am certain that the operation is correct if you are able to fly the aircraft. As to what the application you are using is seeing, I couldn't begin to guess.".DOES NOT happen with any other aircraft! Default or addon.
Exactly ! When "seeing all sorts of problems", thats "why you would need to check the Simconnect operation within FSX" Sometimes even the Captain has to climb down into the Avionics Bay, to check out those things that are not obvious from the cockpit.