Sign in to follow this  
dondormehl

NO GLIDESLOPE CAPTURE

Hi Guys, I am an old supporter of PMDG and started buying their simulations more then 10 years ago. The NGX is a great product although I had to tweak my system significantly to get an enjoyable experience - not complaining! I do however struggle to get the autopilot to capture glideslope during an approach (Single channel). Settled at 3000ft ALT HOLD on and loc captured (still below glide slope - not off the stops yet). On pressing APP the GS annunctiation does not illuminate on PFD (no arm of glideslope capture). On flying through the glideslope the autopilot goes into CWS without glideslope capture, subsequently I fly the approach mannually with autothrottle engaged. Any ideas?? I have perused all the manuals etc (not my first PMDG simulation), could not find any answers to solve this issue. Thinking.gif Regards

That is strange... could you reproduce this situation and take a couple of screenshots? Also, although I'm sure you've done this already, double check: ILS frequenciesBoth FD switches onCMD is definitely on!You definitely have APP mode selected, rather than VOR LOC Cheers,

I'll check all settings again and take a screen shot at time of failure. I'll post again in 18hrs time! Till later. Yawn.gif

I just had this problrm myself. After a bit of searching, it appeared that I had not entered the ILS frequency into both NAV radios. I always thought that entering it into one NAV radio was enough - turns out you have to enter it in both. In hind side, it's logical of course: two A/Ps, two F/Ds, two NAV radios...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

did you first press VOR/LOC and waited until localizer is captured and after localizer is captured press APP and not 1sec earlier ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I first captured loc and then pressed the APP sw to arm GS. Yes, I have only dialled the ILS freq into radio 1. Cheers, Thinking.gif

Did you set up the approach runway in the fmc ( sorry, if it's too obvious ) ?I made successful auto landings with only one nav radio dialed into the ils freq. G/S has always locked on/ been present, be it, auto or full manual landings.Chris Farrell

I had the same problem flying from SKRG to SKBO and I discovered that it was because I didn't have the G/S on in the CDU. I think it is in the REF page try to do it.

Thanks, My problem is solved! It was the G/S selectable option in the FMC not being turned on. Could anyone explain why the G/S can be selected ON/OFF? Cheers, Applause.gif

Maybe if G/S data are inaccurate, as per a published NOTAM, you might want to switch off that... guessing though... Andrew

just a note did u press cmd a and cmd b

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

if i push on CMD B the CMD A auto deselected. on my plane is'n possible active both CMDs

looks like ur not doing the right proceedure for it to work than. the way i get it to work is that i set ils nav to both radios, set fds on of course, press the loc mode button wait to aircraft to capture the glide slope once established on path than i press the app mode button and than i press the cmdb button making sure that cmd a remains lit this is for a dual auto land of course

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you so much Pete.... Now my plane function correctly :)