Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Question about Electrical Power Up procedure

Hello,I don't understand well the Electrical Power Up supplementary procedure (SP.6.1) or in other hands the initial startup procedure.BeforeIRS alignment normal procedure states to do the Electrical Power Up. Well, at that stage nothing is described about the position of these swtiches: BATTERY & STANDBY POWER. The procedure only tell us to verify whether the guards are closed or not. It probably guesses they were already setup correctly but it is quite strange (IMHO) that no where in the manual is written about that. I checked and read wrong? Also nothing is stated about the position of the two AC-DC selectors, except for the Standby power test procedure described later in the manual. Anyway no where is written to do this procedure before some other (like for the Electrical Power Up)Could someone help me to understand? Because when I load a Cold & dark panel state guards are opened and BAT & STANDBY POWER switches are in OFF position. I obviously know that they should placed in ON and AUTO due my previous experience in some other differente aircraft addons.Many thanks, bye. Riccardo RighettiProud customer fo the PMDG 737NGX

AFAIK the AC/DC switches only affects what is beeing displayed (monitored) on the display above them. They do not affect the electric system in any way.To get basic power, you only need to close the battery guard an the stand-by power guard.

In the sim, and I believe in the real plane as well, the guard can only be down with the switch in one position (On or Normal or whatever) so simply verifying they are closed is enough. -stefan

Yes, just slap those guards closed and the BATTERY switch will automatically go to the ON position and STBY power to AUTO.