Sign in to follow this  
darkhorse192

HUGS Runway Overlay

I have been flying NGX since it came out reading the manual when I dont know how to do something. This one has got me though, I cant figure out how to get the HUGS to show the runway overlay. What am I missing ?? RegardsMark

You probably forgot to enter the runway length and elevation on the HGS control panel on the Radio pedestal. If you run through the tutorial at least once you will learn a lot about the NGX.

Cheers, Andy.

Very clear in the tutorial, all you need to do is read it!

-Iain Watson-

Works every time for me, you press enter once u have the elevation and runway length in?

-Iain Watson-

Oh no!!! Another 200+ document to read and try to understand about the B737NG!!!At this rate, I'll be 100 before I finally take this bird flting. Thank you, Mark, for this very interesting and informative document. CucoSan Juan, PR

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

PATCO lives!!!

Air Traffic Controllers tell pilots where to go!

I did read it several times and I have went by it to the letter but the overlay does not appear I know how to read
I am no expert but if you have correctly input the rwy length and elevation and GS into the HCP and pressed enter,I would make sure both your FDs are on, the airport altitude is set correctly in the overhead panel,both the pilot and copilot NAV radios are tuned to the correct ils freq, you have activated the ils on the CDU ARR page correctly, the CRS is set to the correct value for the ILS runway and the "mode" on th HCP is in "PRI" mode and the "STDBY" is in "AIII..arm" mode. Once you have captured the LOC and GS, the "AIII.. arm" should switch to "AIII" and the runway overlay should show up at 300AGL. Make sure you are close to VREF and have full flaps as you approach the threshold....maybe it wont show if you are coming in too fast. Good luck. Alex C

Check this out. It's the actual HGS manual. Section 2-4 has control panel info.
thx for this link good read

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Step 1)Enter airport elevation and runway lenghtStep 2)Set main mode to whatever you wantStep 3)Set STBY mode to "AIII ARM". When you cross 300 feet (I think it was..) the overlay appears.

Weird. Now I'm missing a few things maybe, but I can't seem to get any of the following: - Unusual attitude indication- Ground roll indications?? For a low vis takeoff I miss pretty much all of the information like runway remaining, ground deceleration scale, ground localizer deviation scale. I'm in PRI mode. Anyone??? sig.gif

Step 1)Enter airport elevation and runway lenghtStep 2)Set main mode to whatever you wantStep 3)Set STBY mode to "AIII ARM". When you cross 300 feet (I think it was..) the overlay appears.
Had this working when I did an autoland (LAND 3). But will the "runway overlay" be seen if I did a manual landing?
Check this out. It's the actual HGS manual. Section 2-4 has control panel info.
Thank you for sharing.