Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

SB4 problems on FSX - Weather & Radio/Xpdr

Hi all I have FSX running with SB4 on my PC (specs in my signature). On a recent flight online (I fly with VATSIM), I realised that the weather I could see was not what everyone else was seeing/experiencing and not what the metar for the airport was that I was flying into. It should have been cloudy and windy, yet I was seeing relatively nice weather. The pressure of 29.92 was also much lower than what the VATSIM weather was. Can someone please tell me what settings I should be using in FSX weather menu, FSUIPC and SB4 to ensure that I see the proper weather? If someone could help on this problem, I'd be most grateful as I want to fly in the weather VATSIM is simulating, not the basic "fair" weather all the time. My other problem is that when starting SB4, once connected (it says in the SB4 window that I am connected and shows an IP address), I do not see a radio frequency in the bottom right corner immediately. I have to go to options, fiddle with the settings (change to something else in a tab and then put it back to what it was so I can select "APPLY" then click on "OK". Sometimes even that doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Hi, The only option in FSX weather is to use real weather updated every 15 mns.I use Active Sky Evolution where there is an option for Vatsim weather and it works fine and no drop in FPS. AlainV