Sign in to follow this  
Marwan

How To make it Start in Cold & Dark Status?

Hello All, I need to make it Load in Cold and start Status But where to do so??? Thanks in Advance

Go into your CDU after Battery start and stby power to Auto both covers closed and then go to PMDG I think, it's right over the "FS Actions" LSK and you'll see Load and Save in the coming page.

I bet the traffic flow in the 737-NGX forum here would be about 25 percent of what it is daily if people would just read the manuals. But of course nobody ever reads the things because they are too Lazy. Yawn.gif RTFM! LOL.gif

How about Read the manual? Sure, sounds like a plan! Good boy.
I bet the traffic flow in the 737-NGX forum here would be about 25 percent of what it is daily if people would just read the manuals. But of course nobody ever reads the things because they are too Lazy. Yawn.gif RTFM! LOL.gif
From What I see it isn't Your Business to read or not , If U wish To help welcome if Not Fine too, But Don't accuse people Who haven't asked you personally For anything, LOL
Go into your CDU after Battery start and stby power to Auto both covers closed and then go to PMDG I think, it's right over the "FS Actions" LSK and you'll see Load and Save in the coming page.
Thanks For Helping Capt. Money Eyes.gif

+1

John C

You can get to the FMC and fire it up by pressing the MENU key for a couple of seconds if the plane is totally dead. You can then select the Panel State of Cold and Dark and go from there. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I think you can also just hold down the menu button on the CDU for a second or two and it will bring up the screen with no bat power. Just the FS Actions and Settings stuff, not the Nav functions. EDIT: Posted the same time as raymar... lol

Thank You Guys , It worked Fine

You can get to the FMC and fire it up by pressing the MENU key for a couple of seconds if the plane is totally dead. You can then select the Panel State of Cold and Dark and go from there. Ray
I think you can also just hold down the menu button on the CDU for a second or two and it will bring up the screen with no bat power. Just the FS Actions and Settings stuff, not the Nav functions. EDIT: Posted the same time as raymar... lol

How about Read the manual? Sure, sounds like a plan! Good boy.
I've always found one of the most annoying things on many forums is smugness from those who know the answer to an innocent question and are unwilling to part with the information simply because the person didn't happen to take the time to wade through a manual, or use the search function or whatever. My philosophy is that a much more community minded not to mention helpful and pleasant approach to take is to simply answer the question politely and courteously if you happen to know the answer even if you've answered the same question a thousand times before. As my old granny used to say "It's nice to be nice" rather than taking the smug, self satisfied, arrogant, smartass and quite frankly rude approach you took.
That for example is a good representation of a nice approach on how you can answer someone helpfully and politely. It was brief, concise very helpful and probably took much less effort to write than the unhelpful useless nonsense you decided to reply with, and from what I've seen, just one of the many examples of helpful replies that come from not only Ray but quite a few others on this forum. Perhaps you need to reach more for their standards than implement your own. Sorry for the rant, but it's a pet hate that I see all to often.

I've always found one of the most annoying things on many forums is smugness from those who know the answer to an innocent question and are unwilling to part with the information simply because the person didn't happen to take the time to wade through a manual, or use the search function or whatever. My philosophy is that a much more community minded not to mention helpful and pleasant approach to take is to simply answer the question politely and courteously if you happen to know the answer even if you've answered the same question a thousand times before. As my old granny used to say "It's nice to be nice" rather than taking the smug, self satisfied, arrogant, smartass and quite frankly rude approach you took. That for example is a good representation of a nice approach on how you can answer someone helpfully and politely. It was brief, concise very helpful and probably took much less effort to write than the unhelpful useless nonsense you decided to reply with, and from what I've seen, just one of the many examples of helpful replies that come from not only Ray but quite a few others on this forum. Perhaps you need to reach more for their standards than implement your own. Sorry for the rant, but it's a pet hate that I see all to often.
While the approach may have been a bit rough, the general principle is sound. The NGX is a complex bird and does require some reading if one is to be able to do anything in it. I think some of the frustrations we see here are because a large number of the common questions in this particular forum are answered very clearly in the Introduction documentation. Of course, this is the internet...and a forum, so it's all par for the course, so to speak...

While the approach may have been a bit rough, the general principle is sound. The NGX is a complex bird and does require some reading if one is to be able to do anything in it. I think some of the frustrations we see here are because a large number of the common questions in this particular forum are answered very clearly in the Introduction documentation. Of course, this is the internet...and a forum, so it's all par for the course, so to speak...
I think it goes all the back to the basics . . . I posted this last week in another forum that provided nice, friendly, timely, help. http://forum.avsim.n...-aivlasoft-efb/ kindergarden.jpgWorks for me. thanks Trevor Hunt, two Trevors here.Ray

I've always found one of the most annoying things on many forums is smugness from those who know the answer to an innocent question and are unwilling to part with the information simply because the person didn't happen to take the time to wade through a manual, or use the search function or whatever.
RTFM responses may be annoying, but one reason to discourage these types of questions is software piracy. When people are asking simple questions that can be answered as clear as day after looking in the manual for 2 minutes, it makes you wonder whether the person even has the manual. If someone has the plane and not the manual, uh oh!! Honestly, it probably takes longer to go online, navigate to the NGX forum and post your question than it takes to glance at the manual. Not to mention the fact that you then have to wait for responses to your question.Trevor

GUYS GUYS All you do , is go to the panel load page in the FMC, and there is a section below load, called "default start up state" or similar, and then it will load up in that setting every flight! :) Thats all,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

RTFM responses may be annoying, but one reason to discourage these types of questions is software piracy. When people are asking simple questions that can be answered as clear as day after looking in the manual for 2 minutes, it makes you wonder whether the person even has the manual. If someone has the plane and not the manual, uh oh!! Honestly, it probably takes longer to go online, navigate to the NGX forum and post your question than it takes to glance at the manual. Not to mention the fact that you then have to wait for responses to your question. Trevor
Very true, but, surely there must be some middle ground. I haven't heard a lot about piracy of the PMDG 737NGX like some of the other smaller developers that almost have to throw up their hands and go out of business. I am still adapting to the Boeing method of information dissemination. Personally I think it is near the bottom of the totum pole, but that is just my opinion. Ray