Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Fuselage chopped off in external view

This is the third Carenado plane I have bought that has this problem. So it's time to ask for a fix :). It is always the same view that does it: External view from the aircraft's starboard/rearward position.The only way I have been able to compensate is to zoom in close enough to touch the Centurion Logo while peeking into the cockpit.Is there some way to adjust this view in the aircraft.cfg file or other files?Thanks to anyone who can tell me how to fix it.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hello Neal,don´t know if I am right, but this should be because of the widescreen=true options most of us use in the FSX.cfg and Carenado seems to have adjusted these fixed camera values by NOT using widescreen in FSX for the wide masses of customers out there.In the 210´s Aircraft.cfg (please make a BACKUP before testing!!!) there should be some values " CameraDefinition.XXX ". They are all labled by their name shown in FSX itself in the upper corners. Look for the correct Title-name of the urging camera you wanna tweak (e.g.Title = Rear Seat Right ).Now in the corresponding CameraDefinition.XXX column there should be a value like e.g. "InitialXyz=0.5, 0.0, -1.0" .Now tweak these values to adjust / increase the distance to the model ... I guess it should be the last Z-value you have to make a bit bigger, the value can be positive or negative!After that you can also tweak the value of e.g. "InitialZoom = 1.0" to zoom back on the model (increase the value). As I said before, I did not tweak on this before, but these lines should do it somehow ... so you should try it out and please backup aircraft.cfg before that all to restore back quickly. (for more explanation read here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspx) Hope this was no wrong advice and it might help you out! Regards, Andreas EDDN

Thank you for your help Newbie. I went into the Bonanza F33 this morning to try and fix it (it is the worst of the three planes). Carenado identified external Camera views as as "position0, position1, etc. Fortunately the right rear was camera definition 0."Initial xyz=1.5, 0.5, -6.2"I tried different settings one value at a time to see which did what. No combination would solve it. I then changed" initial pbh=340" to 315 after learning that this is the relative bearing of the plane in this view.By this time I had been at it for about an hour: changing planes, editing the .cfg file, etc. and decided to save it for another day. BUT...I must be getting close:)Between this irritating problem and the time wasted trying to configure EzDok I have not spent a minute having fun with an airplane today. Shame on me. Best regardsNeal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Hello Oldflyboy! I am sorry to hear that it seems to take much longer than imagined! Why not just using EZDOK and create quick your own fixed external views.Well, the initial setting up of EZDOK is kind of horror Rolling%20Eyes.gif , but I exported all the effects from the default fsx aircrafts and import them to the other addons, like with the C210 I import all the effects from the default fsx 172 to my custom views, the Bonanzas got the default Mooney - effects on the views and so on... Realy hope you will find a quick solution for the external views, mine is to use EZDOK customs instead of the provided ones. Best regards, Andreas EDDN