Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Recomendation for external FPS limiter

Anyone have a recomendation for an external FPS limiter? I am expieriencing microstutters and I want to see if this will assist in solving this annoying problem.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Anyone have a recomendation for an external FPS limiter? I am expieriencing microstutters and I want to see if this will assist in solving this annoying problem.
There are quite a few threads on this one so you will peobably read some that agree with me and some that don't. IMO the best one to date (which i am now using) is the Antilag limiter. It is easy to install and gives you smooth performance. Drawback: If you do a lot of swiching from "Full Screen" to "Windowed" and back again, you get a black screen, which you have to work around. For me, i don't have a problem with windowed mode and i am willing to compromise for the smoothness it gives me, especially as i use EzDok Camera and Trackir.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I only use windowed mode as I frequently go to a website for charts and whatnot. And where can I find that program?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I can't just let one guy suggest one... I gotta confuse you with more options... This is the one I use.

Hey Brian. Here you go. http://www.kegetys.n..._antilag101.zip
Awesome, thank you Rick...and Jack!
Hey Brian. Here you go. http://www.kegetys.n..._antilag101.zip
Ack, incomplete link!

Brian A. Neuman

I can't just let one guy suggest one... I gotta confuse you with more options... This is the one I use.
Tried that one but wasn't as smooth as Antilag and installing Java and then i couldn't get Java to generate the .bat file and then, had to work around with the command prompt. But hey Jack, i hear you. Everybody has to choose for themselves. Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Ok, I got it, I think the forums have a limit to the length of the url. Thanks for your help folks.

Brian A. Neuman

Tried that one but wasn't as smooth as Antilag and installing Java and then i couldn't get Java to generate the .bat file and then, had to work around with the command prompt. But hey Jack, i hear you. Everybody has to choose for themselves. Regards,
Hm, it's the only one I've ever used so I have nothing to compare it to... I've read lots of people who had the same issue you did trying to get the GUI to make produce the batch file but it worked fine for me at least. I'll have to give Antilag a try and see if I like it better.

So this isnt an actual program, I just put that .dll and the .cfg file in my main FSX folder?

Brian A. Neuman

So this isnt an actual program, I just put that .dll and the .cfg file in my main FSX folder?
That seems to be the case. I'm always a little leery about overwriting perfectly good DLLs with hacked DLLs.

I dont think it replaces one, it adds one as far as I can see, I am trying it now, just FSX is loading very slowly.

Brian A. Neuman

I dont think it replaces one, it adds one as far as I can see, I am trying it now, just FSX is loading very slowly.
You are right Brian. The recommended setting for 'Render Ahead' by the way, seems to be '0'. That's what i have mine set to, as recommended by smarter than me.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

It doesn't overwrite it if you drop it into the FSX directory, but FSX will use it instead of the one it normally uses in the System32 folder... which is about 150 times larger than the Antilag one. It could be that there's just a couple extra lines in the new DLL with the new features and it just links back to the existing one for everything else.