Sign in to follow this  
MrRoper

RNP Approach into LOWI - Innsbruck

Hi, A really simple question, i hope! Am I correct to expect an RNP arrival to select from the DEP/ARR page in the FMC, or am I doing something wrong? I dont have anyway of selecting an RNP approach, but not sure if im doing something silly!

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)

Interesting, so it looks like it needs to be programmed manually

Chris Warner

A really simple question, i hope! Am I correct to expect an RNP arrival to select from the DEP/ARR page in the FMC, or am I doing something wrong? I dont have anyway of selecting an RNP approach, but not sure if im doing something silly!
I haven't looked, but if you don't have an RNP approach to select, it's probably not in the NAVDATA.
Plus, RNP = SP.
Not true. You can currently do RNP approaches, what you can't do is fly one that requires a RF leg. That's the portion planned for a SP.

I stand corrected. I was reading LOWI and immediately thinking about their RNP depature which requires RF legs and ZAP that's where the confusion started. sig.gif

So, RNP SIDS/STARS are just in the navdata like standard approaches? I will have to find an airport with one I can try!

Chris Warner

new RNP chart: Lj. Prodanovic You have other options, if this app is not in database, LOC DME for rwy 26 is great, you should try it :)

Alright guys, anyone in for a treat? Big%20Grin.gif I just tried to make that approach permanent (although we can't have RF legs at this time), and guessworked most of it so I don't take responsibility for anything. LMAO.gif Just insert into your LOWI procedures, as I happily found the relevant waypoints already there.

APPROACH RNP26 FIX WI001 AT OR ABOVE 9500 FIX WI002 9500 FIX WI003 3335 RNW 26 FIX WI005 FIX WI006 FIX OVERFLY WI007 SPEED 165 FIX OVERFLY WI008 SPEED 165 FIX WI006 FIX WI005 FIX WI003 FIX WI002 FIX WI001 AT OR ABOVE 9500 HOLD AT FIX WI001 RIGHT TURN INBOUNDCOURSE 226 ALT 9500 LEGTIME 1

Bug reports would be VERY appreciated. BTW The only thing I did for that MAP was to hard code the 165 knot restriction at waypoint 7 and 8 (your VNAV ain't gonna like it pretty certainly). Flaps 15 are a good choice, although I'm still not sure this would be an orthodox way.Interestingly enough this procedure brings up even more funny NGX behavior - auto go around. Is that restriction causing this? It would usually happen fully stabilized at around 6000 ft. Out of nowhere I find myself in a TOGA condition without having touched anything. If anyone would want to give it a try, go for it. Any if someone has knowledge about the format, please do correct it. sig.gif