Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Baggage Carts Not Approaching NGX

Hi Guys, Since I've loaded the NGX, I can't get the baggage carts to approach the aircraft. I have both cargo doors open, and I'm parked on the line, but they won't come. They will come to other add-on aircraft. Is there something I'm missing in the settings for this plane? I'm currently flying the 800WL AA livery. Thanks, John

People still use the default baggage carts?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I think pressing SHFT-E 2 will activate them if the plane is parked just perfectly. Problem is that using this command ( which is the FSX default command ) will also close the L front entry door. Use the command a 2nd time to reopen the door. I have successfully used this a couple of times but, as you know, FSX is very fussy about exactly how the plane is parked. Most of the time I find it to be annoying since once activated it continues to repeat and usually just about when I am ready for pushback with all doors closed it has set itself up to load more baggage! Craig

That's strange because I somehow remember I've seen the luggage carts drive up to the a/c but I might mix it up with that "other" 737NG for FSX.

Richard Åsberg

I think pressing SHFT-E 2 will activate them if the plane is parked just perfectly. Problem is that using this command ( which is the FSX default command ) will also close the L front entry door. Use the command a 2nd time to reopen the door. I have successfully used this a couple of times but, as you know, FSX is very fussy about exactly how the plane is parked. Most of the time I find it to be annoying since once activated it continues to repeat and usually just about when I am ready for pushback with all doors closed it has set itself up to load more baggage! Craig
Pressing Shift+E+2 will only bring up the panel that allows you to dim or brighten the displays. It won't do anything else unless you delete that keyboard command.

Does PMDG has any plan to solve this issue in a future SP ? Praying.gifOr we customer are "forced" to buy AES ? Worried.gif
I know right! I mean how am I going to use the NGX since default luggage carriers don't work with it? (sarcasm) And forced to use AES, PMDG got the gun to my head now! So not having the default or for that matter any objects not moving to connect to the aircraft is a problem. Who cares, I'm sure your passengers will still manage to get their luggage. I have AES and only use for push-back, who really cares about passengers loading or fake baggage carriers. IMO there only good for pictures.

Ok, I figured out how to make it work. It appears as if the baggage carts will ignore the NGX's commands via the FMC, and won't acknowledge that the cargo doors are open. The way I made it work is to use my normal FSX commands to open the cargo doors (in my case it's D2. I hold D for 2 seconds, and then push the number 2. The baggage cart will think I opened the cargo door, even though the NGX doesn't show it. I then go to the FMC, and open the cargo door using the NGX switch. It will then open, and all baggage functions will continue. To close I reverse. I use my FSX key command to make the cart think it's closed, then I actually close it via the FMC in the NGX. Pain in the butt, but it works for now. I think FSX is ignoring some of the custom key mapping and FS Actions that the NGX is producing. John

Wait for FSDreamTeam GSX. Looks way better than AES and it works with ALL FSX airports!!

Wait for FSDreamTeam GSX. Looks way better than AES and it works with ALL FSX airports!!
GSX does look very cool but AES still controls the jetbridge while GSX does not. AES NG is going to be coming out and it will add more functionality. I think the products will compliment each other.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The problem appers to be more fundamental. FSX objects do not seem to be aware of the PMDG's 737NGX's presence. I had just pushed back, and was stationary for a few minutes, and a GREAT BIG 747 just Taxied right through my 737, as if I was not there. ( FSX Free Flight --) Something would appear to be missing in the model that controls this ?? Geoff