Sign in to follow this  
Robert Greene

Service Based Failures

ok, sorry for double post if its truly a big deal ;P, Does it record how often I fly the variant and predict failures that way or is it just random service time. Neat feature if it actually records how often I have been flying the Delta B738 to predict its equipment failures

It keeps track of the time you put on any particular tail number(!), and adjust chances of each system failing accordingly based on actual Boeing failure rates.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I've got 50 hrs on my AA livery and so far no issues but it keeps you on your toes because you never know. Make sure you run those preflight checks or it could come back to bite you.

Sean Green

After 5 hours I got a broken APU. Bummer.
heh heh awesome. Just out of interest (cause I've got SBF turned on as well, but haven't struck a failure yet) did you clear the failure via the CDU menu, get the system serviced, or service the whole aircraft, or some combination of those? I guess what I'm asking is: to keep things as realisitic as possible, what would the airline do in that situation? Or does it depend on the airline?

I just went to |Maintenance > Clear active|. You've got me there. It depends. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable in that area can chime in. Anyway, it was neat. I was well away from American's maintenance facilities when it happened, so I ended up using the ground air starter, and then a crossbleed start for the number 2 once I was pushed back with the parking brake on. It was hot in Nassau that day! cool.png Kind of makes you grow a "virtual attachment" to the aircraft, but more so you learn things you wouldn't have been inclined to otherwise.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Robert. You're killing me here! I'll give you a hint, but it's the last one for the night!Big%20Grin.gif Volume 1 - Supplemental Procedures. If you want to fly this bird correctly and with service based failures on, I highly suggest at least knowing a basic lay out of the manuals. Vol 1/2 and the QRH contains almost every bit of information one could need.Nerd.gif

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

As far as "what would the operator do," it depends on the operator, the schedule, the dispatcher, the crew, maintenance and SOP regarding all of that. Most of the time, on a tight schedule, without (or sometimes even with) maintenance availability, you get your high pressure air and start an engine, and then bleed over.

Kyle Rodgers

how does one perform a cross bleed start
I did a video at YT explain how to do a cross bleed start...well the bad thing it is in portuguese :)
Regards,Alexandre BlumbergSao Paulo Brasil

As far as "what would the operator do," it depends on the operator, the schedule, the dispatcher, the crew, maintenance and SOP regarding all of that. Most of the time, on a tight schedule, without (or sometimes even with) maintenance availability, you get your high pressure air and start an engine, and then bleed over.
And without air start equipment? SOL.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules