Sign in to follow this  
3JaysDad

VR Insight

Has anyone out there had any success with any VR Insight products and the PMDG 737NGX?? I am considering buying the CDU and MCP units..... Thanks! Phil

HI, Phil I own the MCP-Combo unit and its a great device, if you only fly the default FSX planes or the LevelD 767 Sim, HOWEVER vrinsight requires the SDK of third party aircraft to make compatible drivers to make sure their devices work with the Third party aircraft. As of now,.... us MCP-Combo users are waiting for PMDG to release the SDK to vrinsight so they can complete the profile and driver so the MCP-Combo will work with the NGX. If you are considering buying this equipment you might want to visit the vrinsight website and leave them email stating your concerns. As many of us already have. Using the MCP-Combo with the LevelD is a great experience, however for now I am flying the NGX without the MCP-Combo. There is also software called Linda that people are working on to get the MCP-Combo working with the NGX, however its not 100% working they too need the SDK from PMDG. Lets hope PMDG releases the SDK soon so we can start asking Vrinsight for the NGX Driver and Profiles so we can start enjoying the MCP-Combo with the NGX as we currently do with the LevelD 767... John.

Have you guys heard about LINDA?Look at the list of implemented functions.... The only disadvantages till now is, that MCP displays only show flight info instead of AP info. for generel information about LINDA look into my signature...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so we can start enjoying the MCP-Combo with the NGX as we currently do with the LevelD 767...
I am already enjoying the MCP-combo with the NGX using the LINDA module since Thursday. It works even better than the SerialFP+LD767 combination So, my advice is to start using LINDA

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

yes, I have heard the Linda Program is a good option for the MCP-Combo, however it doesn't work 100% as it was designed. I hope soon that the SDK is released soon. I agree if the Linda option... is all we have then yes, then use it. But it might keep me from buying it knowing that there are issues with the unit and the NGX...I would want to know.... I bought mine MCP-Combo second hand and love it, but I paid less then half the retail price. I would not buy it for full retail price knwoing that it doesn't work 100% with the NGX and other third party Aircraft.. But like I said its great with the LevelD sim... However, I don't like giving advice to a prospective buyer that vrinsight works as it should with the NGX when it doesn't. Just being honest.. And yes, thank you to all those people that are trying to get Linda working 100% with the NGX and MCP-Combo... John