Just looking for a new monitor to replace my old 17" LCD. I have been looking at this one from ASUS http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/vs248h-asus-vs248h-black-p-52422.html?sort=2a I was looking at the VE248H but it has those ghosting problems so I am looking more towards thins, any suggestions ould be great. Thanks in advance.

You know, I've been looking for a replacement for my Samsung Syncmaster 243T since I've been down under. I shipped it to Sydney and have been using a power converter ever since. I wonder how it stacks up to mine as they look nearly identical. The only exception is that when I bought mine it was about $1200.00 bucks...How do you like yours and is Centercom a reliable reseller? Please advise and thanks!Mark

You know, I've been looking for a replacement for my Samsung Syncmaster 243T since I've been down under. I shipped it to Sydney and have been using a power converter ever since. I wonder how it stacks up to mine as they look nearly identical. The only exception is that when I bought mine it was about $1200.00 bucks... How do you like yours and is Centercom a reliable reseller? Please advise and thanks! Mark
Hi Mark, I personally prefer the 16:10 ratio and the 24' Samsung monitor has this. I have 2 of these monitors with the last purchased at PC Case Gear just recently. I think they still have them in stock. Don't really know what CentreCom are like to deal with, I usually buy either through PC Case Gear or Scorpion Technology, both situated in Melbourne. Hope this helps Andrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hi Andrew, I have this one , it is one of the only monitors of this size that still has a screen ratio of 16:10. http://www.centrecom...01.html?sort=2a
Thats nice but probably a bit far from my budget.
You know, I've been looking for a replacement for my Samsung Syncmaster 243T since I've been down under. I shipped it to Sydney and have been using a power converter ever since. I wonder how it stacks up to mine as they look nearly identical. The only exception is that when I bought mine it was about $1200.00 bucks... How do you like yours and is Centercom a reliable reseller? Please advise and thanks! Mark
I ought my GPU, PU, mobo and HDD from centrecom in Nunawadding. they usually have to get their stock in, it took a week for mine, but hey, they got it in and I am sure if I asked for a HAF 932 which they don't have on the site they would get it in. I got the RAM, case, PSU, cooler, and a few other things from PCCG which i think are great, like the aussie newegg.com. I have the Samsung Syncmaster 740n.

Also look for MSY and techbuy in australia. MSY are like warehouse pricing...super cheap (for australia)

I hate their site. It gives no info really at all. I didn' bother with them but may one day. How do you know about aussie stores? I have checked many prices of item with that on newegg and they are pretty close sometimes, you expect a little change with the currency difference.techbuy sell the 2500k for $150, i got mine for $210 I think. They have gone up a bit in price since.

MSY isn't an online store. It's a reserve and walk in store only. I had a look on my many visits :P

Yeah but I like to look online at what they have. It doesn't look like much. PCCG is huge though.

Interestingly enough, this time I've put together a system with parts almost completely from MSY. They have a store front in a city named Ultimo and it's kitty corner to the University of Technology in Sydney...close to home. In case anyone is interested, they're good people and they have been quite helpful and patient.I don't think they're as big as PCCG but they had everything for the system I'm building with one exception. I wanted a Corsair H60 I had to go and hunt one down in the Hay Market this morning...thanks for the tip on that Andrew!!!Mark