Sign in to follow this  
BobbyBond2

APU Low Oil Press

Greetings All - Absolutely love the NGX. My wife on the other hand doesn't since ;) j/k. I'm having an issue with the APU showing a Low Oil pressure light. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly. I have all the fuel pumps on, battery on, ground power, etc. But when I go to start the APU, the EGT needle rises but goes back to below 400. Low Pressure Indication. I checked the QRH with no luck. Any ideas?

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

is the standby power switch in the guard closed position? dont know if it would matter but maybe.... have you followed the electrical startup procedure to the letter? i use the guide made by michael swannick, and they are really good. Search the avsim library for pmdg_ngx_checklist or something like that. hth, paul

The APU will show low oil pressure until the unit gets up to speed. If by the time the APU GEN light comes on, the Low Oil Press light remains on, check your failures or maintenance.

In the manual has mention during start APU Low oil light will illuminates few time then APU GEN OFF BUS will illuminates.

Greetings All - Absolutely love the NGX. My wife on the other hand doesn't since ;) j/k. I'm having an issue with the APU showing a Low Oil pressure light. I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly. I have all the fuel pumps on, battery on, ground power, etc. But when I go to start the APU, the EGT needle rises but goes back to below 400. Low Pressure Indication. I checked the QRH with no luck. Any ideas?
You've got all the fuel pumps on? Sounds like you may not be following procedures. Whistle.gif Otherwise you'd only have L MAIN PUMPS on. Besides that, I'm sure it's the normal low oil light you're supposed to get.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I've tried having the Left AFT fuel pump running. Just the center tanks running. It just seems the Oil Pressure light just stays on, and the APU bus lights never illuminate. I'm sure its something procedurally I'm missing... :)

Rob Sciarrino

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I've tried having the Left AFT fuel pump running. Just the center tanks running. It just seems the Oil Pressure light just stays on, and the APU bus lights never illuminate. I'm sure its something procedurally I'm missing... :)
Have you checked the failures? I made a thread earlier about my APU breaking at Nassau in 100F weather. Whew.gif I'm assuming you have service based failures enabled, which means you should be ready at all times for things to break! It's kind of fun.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I made a thread earlier about my APU breaking at Nassau in 100F weather. Whew.gif
Hah, I broke my APU by attempting to start it so many times at various altitudes.