Sign in to follow this  
olekga

Center of Gravity

Hi,does anybody experience problems with their CG? When i load the A/C with pmdgs load manager everything is fine. But when i change the Value for ZFM i always get a negative CG (this happens usually when i fly the second leg). Its not that big deal only once i ran out of Stab Trim range... regardsalex

Alex, Are you going into the FS ACTIONS area of the CDU to change the weights when this happens or simply changing the ZFM on the FMC PERF INIT page? If you're not changing the weights in the FS ACTIONS area, you're very likely to get the indications you describe.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

do you mean the fuel line? il describe what i do.. i`ll start the aircraft from cold and dark (actually made a new file because "ngx cold and dark" was not cold and dark enough for me). I power the aircraft up, start the irs alignment. An then i usually go into the FS actions section und put some fuel and payload into the aircraft. Then i set up the overhead panel. After that i go back to the FMC an enter the route.. before i enter any performance information i usually wait until both IRUs are aligned. and then i do not the values i set up in FS actions but just double click ( normally here they differ from what i typed, in so this is my procedure). Until now everything is fine cg is in limits.. but if now go back to fs action and change ZFM i usually have a CG value of around -32...

the problem seems to be gone, when put the payload into the aircraft first and then fuel it.. i used to do it the other way round......