Sign in to follow this  
zazaboeing

First perceptions, likes and BUGS.

Hi guys! Just wanted you to know what I've found so far, with this GREAT piece of software, and before anyone comes throwing rocks on me, I tell you that I've been flying this (real) bird for 6 years now along with the 767, and many more years of flight simming, user since Fs5.1. Bugs found so far:

• Selecting BUG UP speed after takeoff with let's say Flaps 10, on a heavy -800 the Speed bug stops at the lower red MAX SPEED limit while the speed itself continues rising to the commanded value. The speed bug should go up trough the red line, just like the numbers do, helping a quick "visual" set of the bug up speed.
  • N1 selection after takeoff is not correct, if you press it after passing 1000' it should engage CLB thrust even if the default automatic value is set to 1500'.
  • VAPP is always being selected as Vref + 2 instead of the default +5 value, even being correct on the FMC, it commands a VNAV value of Vref +2 kts.
  • Flaps position are not saved when saving a Flight/State. (Maybe I'm doing something wrong)
  • The magenta colors appears as a "light pink", it should be darker (stronger).
  • Chime (seat belts) sounds are just too low, make it louder!
  • The Collin's MCP green light (selected mode) should be way BRIGHTER. When in BRT mode it's like in the DIM position on the real thing, you can barely see the active mode while in the DIM position in the sim.
  • I've had some terrain errors, while returning from a test flight to a original departing airport. It was ok at the first departure, but the database appears to have moved, and wasn't creating the "blind area" in the airport proximity, giving me all those horrible EGPWS warnings while on final app.
  • Had also Bank Angle warnings even when not exceeding 15 degrees of bank, while doing some "quick" x-wind corrections.
  • When loading a NGX aircraft in the Menu (when previously flying another NGX acft), it gives me CTD all the time. Workaround is selecting the default Cessna, then the desired new NGX babe.
  • A Throttle Quadrant panel would be reeeeeally appreciated!

• Price is fair, in my opinion, for such a HUGE effort all those guys put on this piece-of-art add-on in the limited FsX engine.
  • Engines and airplane performance in general, despite all those guys complaining of Drag required issues, is JUST LIKE THE REAL THING!
  • Exterior Model, JUST PERFECT!
  • Sounds in general, just a few exceptions like mentioned above.
  • Panel textures and modeling, just PERFECT!
  • Many options, almost every possible one of differents equipments according to each opperator. Easily accesible via CDU menus.
  • Everything else! Too much compliments to fit in here! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

If someone asks for pictures, and more explanations of these problems found so far, I can arrange that, also with real pics/videos if needed. It would be my pleasure! Regards,

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Sorry, you are right but I did not extended it because my opinion has already been reported. I think that there is a mistake in the design of the front panel and in the aft part of the fuselage. Xiropillo

Have you tested it with the Gol Livery installed? It's supposed to automatically load the correct equipment options for each company. Is the Gol one correct? If not, can you tell us what did you change to make it look like the one you fly? I bet there are lots of brazilians, including me that would love to know this from pilots like you. Thanks! Valeu!

Alexis Mefano

Sorry, you are right but I did not extended it because my opinion has already been reported. I think that there is a mistake in the design of the front panel and in the aft part of the fuselage. Xiropillo
You'd better have evidence for such claims if you're going to post them. We made the models off the actual Boeing engineering diagrams and checked them against measurements we took on the real aircraft.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Rafael, Regarding options - if you have time could you set the options exactly as GOL has them and then send me the ini file for the aircraft out of FSX\PMDG\Aircraft? I'll add this to the livery installers if you can so that it's totally realistic. I set it as best I could based on photos but a lot of the options are systems things that I couldn't possibly know without real life crew at GOL telling us what they are. The options systems provides us an easy way to do that.The files are PR-GIO.ini for the 800WL and PR-GUF.ini for the 800WL SFP. (I set them both identically aside from the SFP option on in the 2nd one)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

• VAPP is always being selected as Vref + 2 instead of the default +5 value, even being correct on the FMC, it commands a VNAV value of Vref +2 kts.

I think this one annoys me the most at the moment. LMAO.gif About reloading the aircraft, I believe you can't (or shouldn't, at least) load up the exact same variants one after another. That is, no 800 after a 800, but 800WL would work (at least for me). I hope I got that right from the intro. Selecting a completely different aircraft is probably safer though. sig.gif

Rafael, Regarding options - if you have time could you set the options exactly as GOL has them and then send me the ini file for the aircraft out of FSX\PMDG\Aircraft? I'll add this to the livery installers if you can so that it's totally realistic. I set it as best I could based on photos but a lot of the options are systems things that I couldn't possibly know without real life crew at GOL telling us what they are. The options systems provides us an easy way to do that. The files are PR-GIO.ini for the 800WL and PR-GUF.ini for the 800WL SFP. (I set them both identically aside from the SFP option on in the 2nd one)
Just did it Ryan, it's done as the default SFP options requested from Gol to Boeing. Where can I send you that? See ya!

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Can't you paste here the .ini content of your file? That would also allow us to try the configuration right away =p Valeu

Alexis Mefano

You'd better have evidence for such claims if you're going to post them. We made the models off the actual Boeing engineering diagrams and checked them against measurements we took on the real aircraft.
Ryan, sorry if you understood my post as hard claim. My first post was giving you thanks for such an incredible aircraft that I purchased the same day of the release. I only want it too be as real as you are trying and with my post I only tried to help in doing it. I don't know many things about flying systems or programming but as a drawer I always check much in the details. Is something inevitable in me. I have seen this detail in the cockpit that I wish you to check and you will see that I'm right about it. Then you will decide if it is worth enough to repair or not. I will of course continue flying your great product, repaired or not, but it would be nice to have it fixed. Thanks for your time and patience. You can find the pictures here. It seems that the pedestal is more elevated in the FSX and that is why the framework disappear in the front panel.

I really mean this in the best way possible, I work next to a 738 everyday at work and i can certainly assure you this is the real deal my friend.. down to every rivett... regards Steve

Meu caro Rafael! Não esquece do .ini não! To na espera aqui =p Xiropillo Please, go back to your post, this one is about a real pilot discussing important things missing from the 737NGX, and his input can make this simulation even better.

Alexis Mefano