Sign in to follow this  
schmo

FO can´t set flaps

Hello everybody!I have a strange problem with FS2Crew Voice edition of the IFly 737 FS9.Everything functions perfect. Set headings or altitudes on MCP? No problem. Set frequencies on nav or com? Perfect!There is only one thing, that the FO doesn´t get right: The FO can´t set the flaps. If I call for takeoff flaps after pushback ("Flaps five"), he reacts on my command as he should ("Takeoff flaps set"), but the flaps maintain retracted. Same thing happens after takeoff and before landing. The FO always reads back my commands, but the flaps don´t move even one inch.I would assume, that there must be a wrong shortkey-setting, but the Ifly-version seems not to use shortkeys as other versions do.IFfly Servicepack 2.1 is installed. I have allready reinstalled FS2Crew. I can set flaps manually by using standard FS-shortkeys (F6, F7) and also via fsuipc. The only one who can´t move the flaps is my First Officer. Any ideas? Many thanks in advance,Jano

Hi Bryan, thanks for your quick response. I found some topics about that problem in the button-control-section. Seems like FO can´t set flaps because I have set one axis of my saitek throttle quadrant for handling flaps via fsuipc. When I´m back home today, I will delete that setting and see if it works then.Thank you for your help so far. Jano

Seems like FO can´t set flaps because I have set one axis of my saitek throttle quadrant for handling flaps via fsuipc
I am afraid you are right. I had to delete my CHTQ flap lever assignment to get rid of this problem (button version).I admit I miss my lever but on the other hand I got used to asking my F/O for flap setting, so in the end it is not that bad. wink.png

Hi again! Problem solved. FSUIPC was indeed the reason. But it´s important to know, that it´s not enough to simply delete the axis assignment, if additional adjustments under the "Joystick settings" tab for that axis were made. (I had to reverse the flap axis in order to work properly.) FO could set flaps only, after I deleted that adjustments too. Now everything works as it should. Thanks for your help, guys! Jano

Hey Jano, be sure you are telling the ground crew they are ok to disconnect and go to hand signals befor calling for flaps 5