Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

I want to thank PMDG for the most spectacular death I've ever died in FS.

I just flew the approach to 01 at DCA. Totally blew it at the last minute, put down too hard, bounced WAY up with a roll to the right before pitching down and slamming into the runway. It reminded me of the unfortunate FedEx MD-11 crash not to long ago, except I didnt roll all the way over. I've never felt characteristics like that in any other sim. Absolutely embarrassingly spectacular. I have to say, I'm not sure if it's todays hotfix, but I got surprisingly good performance for DCA and it's surrounding scenery objects.

Chris Hicks

I just flew the approach to 01 at DCA. Totally blew it at the last minute, put down too hard, bounced WAY up with a roll to the right before pitching down and slamming into the runway. It reminded me of the unfortunate FedEx MD-11 crash not to long ago, except I didnt roll all the way over. I've never felt characteristics like that in any other sim. Absolutely embarrassingly spectacular. I have to say, I'm not sure if it's todays hotfix, but I got surprisingly good performance for DCA and it's surrounding scenery objects.
If you want a Challege, try the LDA 19 into DCA. 1. River Visual.2. LDA in fair weather.3. LDA with weather at Minimums. If you can Nail #3 every time, you can certainly start calling yourself Capt. J. Wild im%20Not%20Worthy.gif If you want landing clearance from DCA Tower , you will may have to SHOUT. They are probably asleep again !!

If you want a Challege, try the LDA 19 into DCA. 1. River Visual.2. LDA in fair weather.3. LDA with weather at Minimums. If you can Nail #3 every time, you can certainly statt calling yourself Capt. J. Wild im%20Not%20Worthy.gif If you want landing clearance from DCA Tower , you will may have to SHOUT. They are probably asleep again !!
Yes, that is a fun approach. The HUD makes this thing a cinch! But I have since come up with some far more challenging approaches in weather. To the OP. It's the quirks and fidelity that will bite you. Makes this sim have some personality!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If you want a Challege, try the LDA 19 into DCA. 1. River Visual.2. LDA in fair weather.3. LDA with weather at Minimums. If you can Nail #3 every time, you can certainly start calling yourself Capt. J. Wild im%20Not%20Worthy.gif If you want landing clearance from DCA Tower , you will may have to SHOUT. They are probably asleep again !!
I got cocky and didnt use my HUD. This thing handles like a dream...or a nightmare, depending on your planning.

Chris Hicks

Without planning, even a slow old C172 can be a nightmare. Planning is EVERYTHING

If you guys are really wanting to Boast about your Pilot Skills try the Following and get back to us. LOL.gif LatinVFR - Toncontin - MHTG (Runway 02 approach)Aerosoft - Innsbruck - LOWI (Runway 08 or 26 approach)Aerosoft - Sion - LSGS (Runway 25 approach)Aerosoft - Madeira - LPMA (Rwy 05 Approach) The Default LSGS and LOWI Airports are not too bad and are still a challenge, if you got some Mesh like FS Global or FS Genesis. The Default Toncontin is mostly a hill without the scenery or FS Global / FS Genesis and not much of a challenge. The Default Madeira is at the wrong elevation and not worth messing with. If you can survive all of the 4 airports above your ready to be called Pilots! Whistle.gif If you can survive all 4 without the HUD in the Dark your Gods! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

I haven't done Toncontin but of the other three I really struggle with LPMA 05. I find it difficult if not impossible to see out of the cockpit window where to make that right turn and that usually messes up lining up correctly for the approach over that road. LOWI 08 is tricky because of the tight confines and low level U turn. Dave

If you can survive all of the 4 airports above your ready to be called Pilots! Whistle.gif If you can survive all 4 without the HUD in the Dark your Gods! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
If you can only survive all of the 4 airports above your ready to be called SIM Pilots! Whew.gif If you can survive all 4 without the HUD in the Dark your a lucky SIM Pilot Praying.gif If you can consistently land at all 4 airports, as planned, 100+ times in a row, after a 4+ hour flight, and without any damage to your aircraft, then you are ready to be called a skilled SIM Pilot Whistle.gif

LOWS vor/dme to runway 34 fun, last part is visual 180 turn, Gibraltar quite fun, oh and of course KAI TAK...not as challenging as some posted but all have nice potential to kill you also

LOWS vor/dme to runway 34 fun, last part is visual 180 turn, Gibraltar quite fun, oh and of course KAI TAK...not as challenging as some posted but all have nice potential to kill you also
Thank GOD for simulators then !

If you can only survive all of the 4 airports above your ready to be called SIM Pilots! Whew.gif If you can survive all 4 without the HUD in the Dark your a lucky SIM Pilot Praying.gif If you can consistently land at all 4 airports, as planned, 100+ times in a row, after a 4+ hour flight, and without any damage to your aircraft, then you are ready to be called a skilled SIM Pilot Whistle.gif
Challenge accepted. Where can I buy FSRecorder? Nevermind, didn't realize it was freeware. But the challenge is still on!

Where can I buy FSRecorder?
You send me a PM. I'll give you my paypal address and once I see you've sent the required $50, I'll give you the link. Whistle.gif In all seriousness, it's free, no buying necessary. http://www.fs-recorder.net/

You send me a PM. I'll give you my paypal address and once I see you've sent the required $50, I'll give you the link. Whistle.gif In all seriousness, it's free, no buying necessary. http://www.fs-recorder.net/
Har har Just%20Kidding.gif I realized it after I stopped being lazy and decided to google it, but thanks anyways!

If you guys are really wanting to Boast about your Pilot Skills try the Following and get back to us. LOL.gif LatinVFR - Toncontin - MHTG (Runway 02 approach)Aerosoft - Innsbruck - LOWI (Runway 08 or 26 approach)Aerosoft - Sion - LSGS (Runway 25 approach)Aerosoft - Madeira - LPMA (Rwy 05 Approach) The Default LSGS and LOWI Airports are not too bad and are still a challenge, if you got some Mesh like FS Global or FS Genesis. The Default Toncontin is mostly a hill without the scenery or FS Global / FS Genesis and not much of a challenge. The Default Madeira is at the wrong elevation and not worth messing with. If you can survive all of the 4 airports above your ready to be called Pilots! Whistle.gif If you can survive all 4 without the HUD in the Dark your Gods! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
Madeira is my favorite add on scenery for FS. I'm looking forward to making my way over there! I have a weird FS OCD thing. I won't jump locations.

Chris Hicks