Sign in to follow this  
fsxsimmer20

World Of AI

FSX WOAI will not take off.They will just sit there parked. They dont takeoff at all so no ATC action lol. Thanks for the help :)

Hi, How long are you sitting there watching? Put the sim rate to 4X and then watch.

Have a look in the main fsx scenery/world folder. Is there a load of .bgl's called WOA.... In there?

If the planes are sitting at airports all parked, the files have to be there or the planes would not even show up in FSX!

Isn't the actual aircraft being installed in simobjects not enough? I thought the .bgl's were just the flightplans and only controlled the planes movement.

Make sure you convert them to FSX traffic plans and delete the FS9 plans that exist in your traffic folder.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Have a look in the main fsx scenery/world folder. Is there a load of .bgl's called WOA.... In there?
Shocked.gifWhistle.gif
If the planes are sitting at airports all parked, the files have to be there or the planes would not even show up in FSX!
+1 dance.gif
Isn't the actual aircraft being installed in simobjects not enough? I thought the .bgl's were just the flightplans and only controlled the planes movement.
The bgl would still have to be present....

Sorry. My mistake.

If plans are mis-matched( FS9 vs FSX) then only one type show up. Ryan has said the planes are at the airport, just not moving. We need more info like what happens if he waits long enough. Increasing the sim rate can make the wait shorter.

Anyone find a work around for the extended names errors we get with WOAI planes on the start of FSX?

You can remove that particular paint and it won't be used or re-name it. But if you rename it you need to de-compile the particular traffic bgl for that plane, change the name to match in the aircraft file and then re-compile. I just remove the paint because I have so many AI as it is, I wouldn't miss it anyway.

Ryan, Thanks for returning to this. Please note that planes can spawn at a gate up to 30 minutes before they depart so I think that is what you were seeing.

You can remove that particular paint and it won't be used or re-name it. But if you rename it you need to de-compile the particular traffic bgl for that plane, change the name to match in the aircraft file and then re-compile. I just remove the paint because I have so many AI as it is, I wouldn't miss it anyway.
THKS Jim...so I do have to edit the air craft CFG...can you say UGH?

Yes, edit the .cfg, decomplie the particular traffic file that contains that plane, re-name it in aircraft file to match the .cfg file name, and then recompile the traffic.bgl. That is why I just delete the offending paint.