Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

NGX landing at Hervey Bay

A quick screenie of a recent approach into Hervey Bay in Aus... 878KK.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Rockcliffe.. Nice pic. That place brings back memories...is that L-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong pier still there ?RegardsBillFormby, UK

Hey Bill, can't remember seeing a long pier. Although I see you're from Formby! I spent my first 20 years in Southport... small world!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Really cool shot dude.I think you should have gone around though,other plane and too low!
Can't see the other plane on the thumbnail on the iPhone because I cannot enlarge the pic, but he may not necessarily be too low. Our viewpoint is behind and below the cockpit viewpoint. Who knows? He may well have the correct PAPI view. Not flown the NGX in OrbX AU other than around the block at Melbourne. Would like to do a couple of runs down there as a break from my usual pattern of flying in OrbX. Nice shot by the way!Andrew

Hi Rockcliffe.. Nice pic. That place brings back memories...is that L-o-o-o-o-o-o-ong pier still there ?RegardsBillFormby, UK
YEs Bill it is still there and has been revamped after years of neglect. Still catch good fish from it too

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

Hi Rob.. Well...some 51 years ago (Is it that long ago ?) I spent 28 days there - we were loading sugar by hand from sacks into the ships holds. I was the Radio Officer - nothing to do for 28 days ! We were suffering 128 degs in the shade at the time. I also recall 'sleeping it off' on a cafe table at the pier. Why ? To make your way, in the dark, back to the ship along a pier with a railway line and no guard rails, which extended out into the bay known for the presence of sharks. No way. ..and one day we were 'invaded' by hundreds of families - many from the outback - having not seen the sea before, or a ship. I've still got half a bottle of Bundaberg rum, the real stuff, from that visit ...LOL.gif Aah - memories.. RegardsBill

im surprised your fsx didnt crash mine crashes when flying in orbx australia all the time i wish i could make pics like yours too only without the error message

im surprised your fsx didnt crash mine crashes when flying in orbx australia all the time i wish i could make pics like yours too only without the error message
my favorite Q&A which helped me though not necessarily others: do you use REX? If yes and at high texture resolution, reduce its texture size to 1024. still looks good and I have not seen one single OOM since then...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Thanks for the kind comments guys...

Howard