Sign in to follow this  
wilevs2

Dual Core 2.66,XP3,8800GTX = NGX OK!

Just to let you know the NGX runs quite well on my basic system - well, after a bit of work! Frames reasonable at around 15/20 VC and 25/30+ spot views. Set to "unlimited" with Track IR the action is quite smooth so rates good enough. 280 Driver update was a big improvement and the latest "Hotfix" seems to have provided a boost as well, though I have yet to retry the tutorial which froze on first attempt when CMD selected. CFG is standard, apart from HIGHMEMFIX, and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD remains at 1024.Only snag is, I think I prefer the look of the JS4100!!! A little less shiny perhaps?Anyway, there is a lot to look forward to.Regards,Will Evans

Just to let you know the NGX runs quite well on my basic system - well, after a bit of work! Frames reasonable at around 15/20 VC and 25/30+ spot views. Set to "unlimited" with Track IR the action is quite smooth so rates good enough. 280 Driver update was a big improvement and the latest "Hotfix" seems to have provided a boost as well, though I have yet to retry the tutorial which froze on first attempt when CMD selected. CFG is standard, apart from HIGHMEMFIX, and TEXTUREMAXLOAD remains at 1024.Only snag is, I think I prefer the look of the JS4100!!! A little less shiny perhaps?Anyway, there is a lot to look forward to.Regards,Will Evans
Probably not a good idea to publicly post your order #. Also I think you mean Texture_Max_Load, which specifies the highest resolution texture (size) that can be loaded into memory. TEXTUREMAXLOAD is actually another field in the fsx.cfg which specifies the number of textures to load at one time. I believe the default is 15, but upping it to say 30 (If your system can handle it) will help eliminate the blurries, it has on mine, which is also a C2D (E6850), I get similar performance when I use it without traffic (Which I normally don't like to do), but with traffic, it can drop in the single digits.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Just to let you know the NGX runs quite well on my basic system - well, after a bit of work! Frames reasonable at around 15/20 VC and 25/30+ spot views. Set to "unlimited" with Track IR the action is quite smooth so rates good enough. 280 Driver update was a big improvement and the latest "Hotfix" seems to have provided a boost as well, though I have yet to retry the tutorial which froze on first attempt when CMD selected. CFG is standard, apart from HIGHMEMFIX, and TEXTUREMAXLOAD remains at 1024.Only snag is, I think I prefer the look of the JS4100!!! A little less shiny perhaps?Anyway, there is a lot to look forward to.Regards,Will Evans
I'll take any good tip on what you did to get those framerates, on your reasonably moderate system.. :)

i have the same system config ;) Intel 6750 2.66ghz + 8800GTX + windows 7 64bit + 4 GB DDR and i have the same fps ;)

Q6600 Quad overclocked at 3.0 ghz with 8 gig of Ram, 8800GTX Video Card. (Running 64-bit Windows with nHancer, Nick N and ******* Altuve Tweaks). NGX running smooth as silk so far after Hotfix 2.