Sign in to follow this  
qantas747

2D main panel problems

Ok the problem only exists when I open it up in VC mode(s). When in cockit mode where it is like you looking out the window, it works like a charm.

Oliver Benton

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

This is not a bug and it's come up many times since release. You cannot open the main 2D panel while in the VC view - only the popups. I'm not going into why again, but it has to do with how our display/gauge system works. Just switch to the actual 2D "Cockpit" view if you want to use 2D.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In FSX settings I have set the 2D Cockpit as the default to come up and from the 2D Cockpit I press F9 to go the VC and press F10 to go back to the 2D Cockpit.Michael Cubine

This is not a bug and it's come up many times since release. You cannot open the main 2D panel while in the VC view - only the popups. I'm not going into why again, but it has to do with how our display/gauge system works. Just switch to the actual 2D "Cockpit" view if you want to use 2D.
Thanks.Paul

Okay...here's a "kicker" for you then:I'm using a multi-monitor set-up with a 37" LCD-TV up top for my main view and 2 22" monitors (running off a Matrox Dual-Head-2-Go) down below for instruments. What I'd like to be able to do is have the VC up top on the main view (so that I can have the view out of the windscreen, along with the HUD, etc) and the 2D panel stretched out across the lower monitors so that I have my instrumentation in view at all times - as well as the FMC & radio panel. Let's face it...using the MCP in the VC really isn't all that practical - and not all of us have the cash to drop on a GoFlight or VRInsight unit.I used to use this type of configuration when flying with the PMDG 737NG in FS2004 and never really had a problem.Jeff Walker

Hello,

Is this problem allready solved and so yes HOW. Because I have the same problem

Read the thread, guys.

It can be an activation problem (if you've disabled FlexNET, the plane might not initialize).

Don't use SHIFT+1 to pull up the 2D view.

Either use the 2D view in the 2D panel view, or use the VC - don't try to load the 2D panel into any other view.

I think there are other ideas if you just scroll up and read them...

Kyle Rodgers