Sign in to follow this  
Lemond23

Realistic Landing?

I'm having a hard time trying to edit contact points in order to make NGX landings more realistic.*This is a real landing:

*What I see is that NGX strut compression and bouncing are far from realistic. NGX struts compress very little compared to reality. This is a "bug" I see in almost all "Microsoft FS" aircrafts.*Does anybody know whether is there a way PMDG could make NGX "strut dynamics" more realistic? Teo Halfen

I'm having a hard time trying to edit contact points in order to make NGX landings more realistic.*This is a real landing:

*What I see is that NGX strut compression and bouncing are far from realistic. NGX struts compress very little compared to reality. This is a "bug" I see in almost all "Microsoft FS" aircrafts.*Does anybody know whether is there a way PMDG could make NGX "strut dynamics" more realistic? Teo Halfen
Absolutely no need to edit contact points....tongue.png --It's not recommended by PMDG and you might end up with a plane under the runway!LMAO.gif As far as I know the NGX is as realistic as it gets **within the confines of FSX**. This might be an FSX limitation since it seems to be with all other aircraft.

Don't you think that's a little pedantic Teo? I also do not see anything wrong, then again I fly from inside the cockpit 99.9% of the time :( FRED

The feeling of the aircraft settling back on it's haunches will never be accomplished with FSX. Editing contact points really have nothing to do with this, and all you are asking for is a more unrealistic experience than the as-good-as-FSX-gets one PMDG has already provided.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Editing the contact points is going to void any support from us unless it's returned to stock. We've done the best that we can given FSX's quirks and limitations - please stop nitpicking tiny things like this and just enjoy flying the plane.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Editing the contact points is going to void any support from us unless it's returned to stock. We've done the best that we can given FSX's quirks and limitations - please stop nitpicking tiny things like this and just enjoy flying the plane.
++++1 toatally agree ryan people are looking at the real aircraft and expecting the same in fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yeah +1 here aswell, People must understand the PMDG are cabaple of anything but there is always alittle thing called " FSX" in the way, can only do what it will allow you

I fly real aircraft but only cessna types. And i performed a crosswimd landing and found that it worked like the real thing. And what it looks like for the outside i don't know.

I think the compression of the landing gear was discussed some months ago already... It's an FSX limitation for not simulating the compression / extension dynamics properly (if at all).But do you really think this is something make any fuss about? The NGX is so wonderful, I have a very hard time noting any "shortcommings" (based on FSX limitations). I'm simply overwhelmed by the shear beauty and perfection of it all...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I noticed, on close inspection with my scanning tunnelling electron microscope, that there was an atom slightly out of place. Fix this immediately PMDG or I want my money back. angry.png Martin Wilby

I don't understand people who compare this with a real world aircraft ... to the tiniest bitsYes it is the closest one to reality ever done in an 'game' ... we have never ever seen a realistic airliner in an commercial product like this before...Is it perfect ? No ... but its as real as it gets with the limited factor a game and fsx can offer ... and for that price a steal

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit