Sign in to follow this  
billg1949

How to tell if I'm using DX9 or DX10

i hae an ATI 4660 1 gb card thats capable of DX10. how do I know if I'm in DX10? also if i have DX10 and want to go to DX9 how to do it? is one better than the other for FSX? I have a dual core 3.0GHZ win 7 and 4gb ram. thanks...........Bill

If a program is DX10 native, it will automatically use DX10, however. FSX is dx9 native so is best run in this mode. The DX10 preview mode in FSX is buggy and most addons aren't compatible with it. So DX9 is recommended. To run it in DX9, just uncheck the box DX10 Preview in the graphics settings in FSX.

The V axis indicator in the view window is red with DX9 and black with preview DX10

What OS are you using ? Win 7 is DX9 backward compatible. you can check your DX version by running dixdiag . FSX just has DX10 preview and it is == I am an idiot! == has problems.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

i hae an ATI 4660 1 gb card thats capable of DX10. how do I know if I'm in DX10? also if i have DX10 and want to go to DX9 how to do it? is one better than the other for FSX? I have a dual core 3.0GHZ win 7 and 4gb ram. thanks...........Bill
Aces never finished DX10 in FSX that's why they called it a preview mode lol and it has actually a few bugs ;-)In case of FSX unfortunately DX9 is the best way to use and for compatibility with add-on software...In FSX you can see in settings > graphics tab if the "preview mode DX10" is enabled or not...

André