Sign in to follow this  
Captainralf

FS INN or teamspeak problems with NGX?

Dear all, First of all congratulation to PMDG fot this wonderful product. Some bugs I encountered at the beginning were due to bad tuning of my system. Others were fixed by the hotfix. I am very happy with this product.The only critic I have at this moment is the maximum seat capacity which is 'unrealistic', charter airlines going up to 189y in the 800. But this is discussed elsewhere on this forum. My question to FS Inn and/or teamspeak users: When switching from and one atc-frequency to the next, I still keep hearing the previous atc station (eg Frankfurt approach transfers me to Frankfurt tower, I switch frequency on my comm radio to Frankfurt tower, but I keep hearing the approach controller and when I speak, I am still with approach). When sending text messages, I seem to be with the new frequency. This seems to happen in busy airspacec only. Not sure if this has got anything to do with the NGX, but I never had this problem before. Anyone got an idea or had similar problems? Thx

Haven't had this problem with FSInn and the NGX. Are you certain that you remember to switch the active and standby frequencies after entering the new frequency?

Haven't had this problem with FSInn and the NGX. Are you certain that you remember to switch the active and standby frequencies after entering the new frequency?
Yes 100% sure about this! Looks like there might be a problem in the way the NGX communicates with teamspeak, but I am unsure. Maybe a memory related issue.Again, this does not happen all the time. But in extremely busy airspace with a lot of atc and airplanes online, it almost happens for sure at latest the second handover.

Is this online with Vatsim or with some other server? If Vatsim you shouldn't be using Teamspeak for comms!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

FSInn has it's own built in voice software (Vatsim Voice or V V L) which works seamlessly with Vatsim, it's what it's for. You can use TS for a VA channel or similar but it's definitely not recommended for Vatsim comms with ATC, I'm amazed you've got it working at all. Check the FSInn manual for information on Vatsim voice, it's not difficult to set up, it's already in your FSInn installation and it will free you of the config problem that you're having.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

If your using teamspeak as a stand alone, it will stay on the channel you have selected no matter what you do to the comm panel on NGX. If its configured to use as a VVL then it will stay on that channel as well. Only the ATC frequencies are changed by the standby then switch to active window. FSINN does require some exact installation procedures and if not followed could result in undesirable results.Verify your installation with this: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=20466 Hope it resolves any issues. Don

Don P

System Configuration

------------------------------------------

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

i7-950 (3.06Ghz)

12 gigs DDR3

2 - 500 gig Hard Drives

2 - Galaxy GTS-250 1 gig Video (SLI)

FSX, Acceleration, FS Global 2010, FSceneX, REX2/Overdrive, GEX 1.095, UTX.

PMDG 747X, 737NGX // CS B707, B757, 767, C130, B52 // LVLD 767

FS9, SP1, FS Global2010, FSceneX, AS6.5, FSNAV, GEX Pro

Thanx Don for your help. I will certainly go through this again, especially now I know I don't need teamspeak at all for FSInn Voice Communications.I still wonder though why above issue never happened before (on the PMDG 744 or default aircrafts) and now, with the NGX does.