Sign in to follow this  
ADamiani

IRS Alignment

I am trying to do a full flight from C&D, but I am stuck at square 1: Could some1 give me detailed instructions for IRS alignment? Tnx Andrea

I am trying to do a full flight from C&D, but I am stuck at square 1: Could some1 give me detailed instructions for IRS alignment? Tnx Andrea
First go to Overhead panel and move the two IRS switches to NAV (Align sign will illuminate in white)Next go to FMC in POS INIT page click on LSK 1R to put the last position in the scratchpad and next to LSK4 R in SET IRS REF Position (the line with all the squares) now depending on your PMDG setup, you will see your PFD and ND come to live (can take up to 10 minutes if you choose realistic IRS alignment) Regards Yves

Ensure you have power source (gpu, apu...) on bus Just move 2 IRS switches to NAV (2 clicks), and inFMC INIT POS PAGE:Click NEXT PAGE button,click LSK 5L,click PREV PAGE button,click LSK 4R Wait 7-10min Lj. Prodanovic

As above^^ A Question to users, what is the point of align? I think in the 747 you put it to align until the displays show up then to nav?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

As above^^ A Question to users, what is the point of align? I think in the 747 you put it to align until the displays show up then to nav?
It's as you stated, to align the IRSs. As you move through the "Align" position, you are starting the align sequence. By leaving them in "NAV", they automatically switch to nav mode when alignment is compete. The align position is also used when doing quick aligns.

Joe Sherrill

The 747 has an identical alignment procedure as the NGX for me. At my RW job we have to go to align for 4 minutes then to nav for a full alignment. I always wondered why Boeings go straight to nav (never flew an Airbus), never questioned it since it works.Edit: Joseph answered it for me.Wonder no more Edited by vdubbin

Chuck Biggins

It's as you stated, to align the IRSs. As you move through the "Align" position, you are starting the align sequence. By leaving them in "NAV", they automatically switch to nav mode when alignment is compete. The align position is also used when doing quick aligns.
The 747 has an identical alignment procedure as the NGX for me. At my RW job we have to go to align for 4 minutes then to nav for a full alignment. I always wondered why Boeings go straight to nav (never flew an Airbus), never questioned it since it works. Edit: Joseph answered it for me.Wonder no more
Tanks gentlemen :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK