Sign in to follow this  
DeltaIV

IRS Align problem

From Monday I can't normal align IRS, befor that all work fine. When I need to enter position in INIT POS page I copy by 1L from Last posigion line to scratchpad, I try to enter this pos to init pos but get INVALID ENTRY message. If I clear this line and enter exactly the same position by CDU (not copy to scratchpad) the position entered but I get IRS INIT/POS DESAGREE. I try to reinstall, I try last fix but it don't work. What can I do? Sory for my English. Oksana Egorova

To align the IRS (assuming it is not already aligned), put both IRS knobs to off then to NAV. Assuming you have chosen the "immediate" or "30 seconds" option in the FMC it can be done fast, otherwise it will take up to 10 minutes. Go to the "POS" page on page 2, and copy the GPS coordinates there (or sometimes the present position on page one will work if the aircraft has not moved). Paste these coordinates into the boxes. These coordinates need to agree with those on the GPS on page 2, otherwise you will get an error. henri

Henri Arsenault

Go to the "POS" page on page 2, and copy the GPS coordinates there (or sometimes the present position on page one will work if the aircraft has not moved). Paste these coordinates into the boxes. These coordinates need to agree with those on the GPS on page 2, otherwise you will get an error. henri
I do the same but get Invalid Entry message

Sound like your LAST POS does not correspond with your current position. Have you tried to enter your current airport on the POS INIT page and use those coordinates? Hope it helps,

Sound like your LAST POS does not correspond with your current position. Have you tried to enter your current airport on the POS INIT page and use those coordinates? Hope it helps,
Yes I try but get Invalid entry if I copy it from scratchpad and IRS POS/ORIGIN DISAGREE mesage if I enter the same coord manual from CDU

Well,Without any further info I am out of options. Sorry. Cheers,

You probably relocated the plane from one airport to another while not creating a new flight. It then can not reconcile the current position with the stored last known position. Try ending your flight, and create a new flight and see if it works

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

From Monday I can't normal align IRS, befor that all work fine. When I need to enter position in INIT POS page I copy by 1L from Last posigion line to scratchpad, I try to enter this pos to init pos but get INVALID ENTRY message. If I clear this line and enter exactly the same position by CDU (not copy to scratchpad) the position entered but I get IRS INIT/POS DESAGREE. I try to reinstall, I try last fix but it don't work. What can I do? Sory for my English. Oksana Egorova
Does it correctly display a coordinates of a position you enter on a POS INIT (REF AIRPORT)?

Yeah, I was about to say..."Sorry for my english" makes me think you're not from the US, or a country that uses points instead of commas for decimals (a windows system setting), which will mess up how the system (the FMC) reads the data.

Kyle Rodgers

Try moving the plane to a well known international airport & select a gate (small). Then go through normal IRS align procedure (both off then nav). On 'POs Init' page use mouse & scratch pad, not keyboard,enter airport code & gate number. Providing gate produces coordinates select those coordinates & enter into bottom line. This should guarantee that when the IRS align you will be spot on. If the gate does not produce coordinates move to another gate until you find one that does. The airport coordinates themselves will be close but the gate will be spot on.

Im also having an irs problem, but it is a different one. When I switch the knobs to nav, it says on dc and align at the same time. Then there is a beeping. Please help

Im also having an irs problem, but it is a different one. When I switch the knobs to nav, it says on dc and align at the same time. Then there is a beeping. Please help

Hey - welcome to the forum.

Since you're new here, there are a couple things to keep in mind. The first one is that it's a requirement here to sign your name (the rule itself is listed and explained here). The next one is that it's best to start new threads if you have a unique issue. It's certainly not a requirement, but it's definitely recommended (otherwise, people end up reading the whole page over again, assuming there's something new, only to find your issue down at the bottom is different).

As far as your issue goes, we might as well just try to solve it right here this time.

Can you be more specific about where you are? Are you on the ground? Are you waiting for the alignment to complete? Have you flown the tutorials?

Kyle Rodgers

This happens when I'm on the ground after I switch it to cold and dark from the fmc. Sometimes all of the screens go black besides the fmc for some reason. I even looked at tutorials to see if I was doing something wrong, but I'm not.

Here is a clip of the problem that I'm having:http://youtu.be/f6x4cVDM_SE

This happens when I'm on the ground after I switch it to cold and dark from the fmc. Sometimes all of the screens go black besides the fmc for some reason. I even looked at tutorials to see if I was doing something wrong, but I'm not.

Here is a clip of the problem that I'm having:http://youtu.be/f6x4cVDM_SE

As mentioned in a few different posts, you need to sign your name. This is your final warning on the matter.

The screens are going blank because you seem to have the cold and dark panel state set as your default. You shouldn't be messing with the aircraft buttons until the initialization sequence is complete (this is mentioned in the intro manual, which you should definitely read - there's a lot of important info in there).

The siren is coming on because the aircraft is being powered by the battery only. Draining a battery is a very bad thing when you're trying to keep flights moving on time, so it warns everyone and their brother with the siren (the rampies can hear it as well). It's mainly there to alert the crew if the plane falls off the APU generator, or the GPU drops. In your case, establish the aircraft on either the APU or GPU before turning the IRS on.

Also, please fly the tutorial flights. There is some very important information in them. This is a study sim. It's going to require some learning to fly.

Kyle Rodgers