Sign in to follow this  
Guest Matt Johnson

Roger Wilco Hackers (supposedly)!!!

I had a very disturbing experience this evening, where I was in the middle of a flight, only to be interupted by a couple of little punks who thought it would be "cool" to jump into our RW server and yell and scream. They claim to be looking for "hackers who take over RW and get into our computers"! My first comment is frustration! I spent 2.5 hours on that damn flight! I kept getting kicked by the channel admin because he didn't know who it was (I don't completely blame him though...), but these little ##### completely ruined my evening!!!Is there no way to prevent these people from randomly joining our servers?!There are many of us who are just truly FS Sim fan's,and get in enough trouble with our wives for the time we spend on it (at least I do... lol), and we don't need this BS!What can we do?Frustrated in Hamilton,

When setting up RW be sure to have a password set so that only you and your fellow simmers can access the game.Another way is to also make a rule that you must use a matching RW I.D. that is the same as your aircraft. If the little beggers have no aircraft then they get the boot.These are just two of the ways I use RW with some success in this type of problem.http://www3.telus.net/dport1/dansig.jpg

Guest Matt Johnson

Hi,If this happens on the AVSIM server, please do the following:Go to:http://rw.avsim.net:18009/?opts=-R-DFind your room, and mail tech@avsim.com with the segment of the webpage dealing with your room, along with your callsign and those of the known-legitimate users.e.g. I'd expect to see something like:channel "/den_ctr" user 2 name = "Joe_ATC", address = 2.3.4.5:61244 user 7 name = "N238DA", address = 3.4.5.6:12844 user 11 name = "Random_User", address = 1.2.3.4:64774 user 0 name = "", address = 0.0.0.0:3783This will allow us to track down where the fools are coming from and block them.Calling for a supervisor is a good idea since they will also be able to help.Regards,--M