hi guys Great to be here looks Like a great place! While I am good at mechanical engineering and fair at electronics the software part just won't sink in with me & this leaves me totally clueless. I have developed a little board that converts toggle switches to simulate a button press (ie like when toggling landing lights on and off)..I have fed the output of my circuit to a dimembered joystick. Now if I plug the thing into my pc I can see the switches working exactly as intended in the control panel (as a generic gamepad).Problem is the "buttons" (1-12) are already assigned to my ch yoke..and fsx sees my controller as another set of buttons 1-12I have read that FSUIP allows multiple controllers but will it allow me to use both together ie assign the joypad to (say) butons 13-25 ? I have read and read but the more I read the less I find out...the fsuipc geeks seem to speak in a strange language .. I know fsbus (more software arghhh!! ...I just have a blindness to it ..) .is out there but have you seen just how much it costs to make (say) a MCP panel.???....my fair assimilation will cost less me than a tenth !!! Will fsuip allow me to add 1 or more "identcal joypads" to expand the number of switches available?sorry if this a lame question but I really am struggling here. ( I think I need the "teach your monkey FSUIPC" book) Thanks in advance John

hi guys Great to be here looks Like a great place! While I am good at mechanical engineering and fair at electronics the software part just won't sink in with me & this leaves me totally clueless. I have developed a little board that converts toggle switches to simulate a button press (ie like when toggling landing lights on and off)..I have fed the output of my circuit to a dimembered joystick. Now if I plug the thing into my pc I can see the switches working exactly as intended in the control panel (as a generic gamepad).Problem is the "buttons" (1-12) are already assigned to my ch yoke..and fsx sees my controller as another set of buttons 1-12I have read that FSUIP allows multiple controllers but will it allow me to use both together ie assign the joypad to (say) butons 13-25 ? I have read and read but the more I read the less I find out...the fsuipc geeks seem to speak in a strange language .. I know fsbus (more software arghhh!! ...I just have a blindness to it ..) .is out there but have you seen just how much it costs to make (say) a MCP panel.???....my fair assimilation will cost less me than a tenth !!! Will fsuip allow me to add 1 or more "identcal joypads" to expand the number of switches available?sorry if this a lame question but I really am struggling here. ( I think I need the "teach your monkey FSUIPC" book) Thanks in advance John
If I am not mistaken FSUIPC is used for connecting different control devices, there is a calibration menu with button / switches / axis assignment it is a good program even for a simple joystick.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks Iron maiden for your reply.Are you saying I should be able to assign all my buttons on all my controllers even though as far as windows is concerned they are essensially the same "button number" ? Will/can fsuipc differentiate between which "button 8" is pressed? Sorry for acting dumb but my brain just will not absorb this....

from one old dog to another *wink* Thank you so much torkermax Thats made me happy cos now I can build all my panels without going near pic chips and processors !!! ok you all shout but they are the way!!!!! To old to care lol.......... You'd never think I used to program back in the day of BASIC!

That should be great when you use your panel for FS I can just dream about it.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

if you are trying add buttons have you thought about one of leo bodnars boards www.leobodnar.com ,I use them for all of the controls that I build and sell and have great success with themMarkRainman Simulatorswww.rainman.tv

.., if FSUIPC is to intimidating, try "LINDA"http://fs-linda.com/Yair
sorry for delay in replying for some reason the notification email showed as read .....duhThanks for that link will read it as I lay in my sick bed (man-flu!)

Hi GuysOK here's an update. I bit the bullet and am going the micropro route the "hardware way was getting so out of hand ....do-able but, oh my, to get it to work like a real one was becoming huge (physically) so I made some fsbus boards..Also have made my mcp panel ..all I gotta do is get them to play together.As far as fsadmin is concerned the boards (after a few hours of fault finding) seem to work.I have no idea how I am going to actually get it to play with fs yet...still one baby step at a time.Which area of this forum will I need to post my questions ?.... :unsure:(for example how to make rotary switches work in fsbus ....not rotary encoders but absolute position switches ie. 737 bank angle selector)