Sign in to follow this  
W1ll

Re-engaging LNAV after self vectoring

Hello, Many of the STARS in the U.K. end in a holding pattern to await vectors from ATC to the approach. At the end of the STAR LNAV disengaged due to route discontinuity. I knew this would happen and switched to heading hold and vectored myself onto the approach, however when I tried to re-engage LNAV it does not engage, heading hold stayed on and the FMC said "Route Discontinuity" in the scratchpad. I had set my heading to pass directly over the first way point on the approach, that way point was highlighted in magenta in the "Route" page, and the angle between my heading and the heading after the way point was very small. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Maybe go into the FMS and make sure the legs connect? If there's four squares you need to connect the route.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There shall be no disco at the beginning of the legs page. If it doesn't work, fly a heading directly towards the waypoint you want to go to and reselect the waypoint to the top of the legs page (downselect by pressing appropriate LSK and reinsert into first position, then execute). sig.gif