Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Can not follow smoothly horizontal FD bar at take off.

Hi all,I have difficulty in following the FD during take off.After Vr and first phase of take off the horizontal FD bar lowers making me to trim down so as not to overshoot it.What is going wrong? (I pull gently the yoke after Vr trying to follow the FD). I had no such problem with the MD-11.Anybody else having the same issue? Thanks,Christos

No, pls remind me how the V2 + 20 is set on the MCP. Christos

Sorry to hijack but is it supposed to be set to v2+20 or v2? Because that would make a TON of sense to me. Iv'e been setting it at V2 and my initial climb rate is nuts!! Far to great actually. V2+20 would mean less fpm and more comfort for pax. I swear I read or heard I'm supposed to set it to v2 on one of those AoA videos. Maybe I just heard wrong.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Sorry to hijack but is it supposed to be set to v2+20 or v2? Because that would make a TON of sense to me. Iv'e been setting it at V2 and my initial climb rate is nuts!! Far to great actually. V2+20 would mean less fpm and more comfort for pax. I swear I read or heard I'm supposed to set it to v2 on one of those AoA videos. Maybe I just heard wrong.
Always V2 + 20. Fred.

MCP is the autopilot panel, just set the V2 speed + 20. (just dial the speed in)

I also think its V2 ... it will automaticly set the speed in the speedtape to v2+20 edit:FCOM 3.4Takeoff - GeneralAs part of the before start procedure, review the takeoff reference page to ensure the entries are correct and the preflight is complete. Ensure V2 is set on the MCP.

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I`m a little bit confused about this topic, because the tutorial says: "set the MCP SPEED knob to V2".

You set the MCP to V2. After rotation, the flight director will command V2+20 until another pitch mode is engaged (e.g. VNAV). Initially you pitch for 15 degrees. After liftoff, follow the flight director. I find it easier to do this correctly when using the HGS.

FCTM says: Takeoff Command speed remains set at V2 until changed by the pilot for acceleration and flap retraction or until a subsequent pitch mode is engaged. Manually select flaps up maneuver speed at acceleration height.

So we leave the MCP set to calculated V2? For instance, V2 per my FMS is 144. I set 144 on the MCP right?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So we leave the MCP set to calculated V2? For instance, V2 per my FMS is 144. I set 144 on the MCP right?
yes

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I think this is dependant upon the "type" of takeoff you do in respect of the intital climb out - I.e VNAV armed on ground then set V2 as once V2 kicks in it will automatically set V2+20, if following FD, using Level Change etc on Dep then I think you set V2+20. But I'll leave this to an expert to confirm - may find that different airlines apply different SOPS on what method they use for dep. Fred if you around perhaps you can eloborate Ryanairs SOPS - also what general settings Ryanair use for thrust reduction/accel/heights etc out of EIDW etc.