Sign in to follow this  
dazz

VNAV descent post Hot-Fix

After installing the hot fix I noticed that my 738 (no winglets) can't follow the VNAV path on descent any more in the same route it did before. It's a lot more slipperyTruth is it's a bit heavy at 125K pounds at T/D (FL230), but it was able to descend on VNAV no problem before installing the hot fix with the same config. Shouldn't VNAV calculate an earlier T/D instead of overshooting all of the altitude restrictions?Anyone with the same "issue"?

Dazz, Are you starting the decent exactly where the VNAV profile marks as the TOD or before/after?

I havent installed any hotfixes yet, but Im going to right after I meet the crete in MSY. I will let you know If I get it too on my next leg.

Dazz, Are you starting the decent exactly where the VNAV profile marks as the TOD or before/after?
yeah, sure. VNAV all the way. just dialed the first altitude restriction of the STAR in the MCP and let it go down at T/D
I havent installed any hotfixes yet, but Im going to right after I meet the crete in MSY. I will let you know If I get it too on my next leg.
Thanks Bob I just tried a lower cruise altitude at FL210 and still the same. The FMC calculated a T/D some 5 - 10 miles later than with FL230 and ended with a "descent path unachievable" message after a while

Those messages pop up in the FMC when it can't calculate a vnav path to the destination. Is the route from TOD to airfield fluid? Ie no discontinuities?

Those messages pop up in the FMC when it can't calculate a vnav path to the destination. Is the route from TOD to airfield fluid? Ie no discontinuities?
yes, it's the same route I was flying before, no problem: LEAL MITO2A BRUNO IZA ILS06L LEPA It just can't follow the calculated descent in VNAV PATH cause it overspeeds and VNAV SPEED kicks in all the time.

Hmm. Strange indeed. You filed a support ticket? Topics are getting hidden quickly here.

Hmm. Strange indeed. You filed a support ticket? Topics are getting hidden quickly here.
No ticket yet. I'm probably missing something here. I'll try a different route, with a different setup. I guess if no one has posted with the same issue then it has to be something in my end and not a bug

Ok, tried with the 800WL, with the 900 w & w/o WL... 1% payload and 5K pounds of fuel, cost index 20 & 90. Same resultTried reinstalling everything too. can someone please confirm that the aircraft.cfg are supposed to be replaced by the hotfix 3? mine were not, so maybe there's my problem...

I know this isn't a helpful post, but just so everyone knows, I am not installing any hotfixes. My NGX works just fine from the base installer, so until a well-tested service pack is released, I'm going to wait on updating my NGX.

I know this isn't a helpful post, but just so everyone knows, I am not installing any hotfixes. My NGX works just fine from the base installer, so until a well-tested service pack is released, I'm going to wait on updating my NGX.
Yes, that's probably a good idea Matthew