Sign in to follow this  
rockies31

Autopilot Help

I need help with the autopilot, it won't turn on or follow the flight path or altitude and I can move it freely as if it is off. P.S. Anyone have a good FMC tutorial for this aircraft?

Andrew, Very likely you are missing something. If you upload a picture of your panel i'll bet you get several quick answers to your problem. Have you tried flying the tutorial? Regarding the FMC, Youtube has dozens of videos detailing the use of the NG's FMC. JW

if you want to follow the FMC route you are missing LNAV, VNAV and either CMD A or CMD B ...Can you arm VNAV and LNAV before takeoff ? edit:If you just want to follow the SPEED and ALT HLD you need to engage CMD A or CMD B ...if you can't engage CMD center your input device (joystick, yoke or keyboard) and then try it again

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

May not be good enough
Andrew,Good enough to see that you are missing a few key items: First, you do not have the full autopilot (AFDS) engaged.Granted the auto throttle (A/T) is armed and your flight directors (FD) are on.But for full automated flight you also need to engage CMD A or CMD B Second, you have not selected a lateral mode for the AFDS.You have selected SPD for the A/T and ALT HLD for the vertical mode. Which is good but you need to tell the AFDS how you want it to steer; HDG SEL, LNAV or VOR/LOC for example Third, I think you would be helped by reading the introduction and do the tutorial flight a couple of times. Hope it helps and good luck.Once you've done that there is a full forum of helpful people. Thanks,

I need help with the autopilot, it won't turn on or follow the flight path or altitude and I can move it freely as if it is off. P.S. Anyone have a good FMC tutorial for this aircraft?
Is something wrong with the one that comes with the plane? I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

P.S. Anyone have a good FMC tutorial for this aircraft?
Is something wrong with the one that comes with the plane? I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it...
Shocked.gif

i agree the tutorial is excellent, taught me a lot Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

By the way, also verify that the FD on the pilot side is set as master. (little green light next to the FD on the FO side is lit up now)

Hi Ryan... << Is something wrong with the one that comes with the plane? I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it...>> Your tutorial is brilliant. You really excelled on that document - thanks a lot.Applause.gif I only have one criticism - I often run out of time - and fingers - on the approach to EHAM LMAO.gif RegardsBill Cusick