Sign in to follow this  
Yitzhak

Virtual Cockpit Navigation Suggestion

I'm not sure if anyone at PMDG has tried RealAir's Turbine Duke, but I'm pretty sure much of the members in the forum have. Well, it has this really nifty feature in the VC, where if you want to, say, close in at a certain area of the panel or reach somewhere you can't see, you just click in a hidden spot and the camera changes to that location, and then you just right click to go back to the original view without having to keep pressing A or shift A. Now, I have no idea how they did it, but can something similar be done to the NGX? The reason why I suggest this is because I love handflying the NGX as much as I can, such as on approach and climb, but when I have to switch views to reach a switch, specially on the overhead, I have to use both hands, one on the keyboard to change the view and the other on the mouse to perform the task, whereas if it had that feature I would only be using my right hand!PMDG Dev/Tech team, please consider this! Praying.gif PS. With or without that feature, I want you to know that the NGX already exceeded all my expectations and to me, it's FS nirvana. Big%20Grin.gif

Interesting idea I never use A of Shift A ..... I press and hold down the space bar while moving the mouse around ....works well for me

Interesting idea I never use A of Shift A ..... I press and hold down the space bar while moving the mouse around ....works well for me
I actually do that too, but it also takes both hands...

Have a look at TrackIr and/or Ezdoc!/Norbert Plate
Hey! I'm aware of those, but TrackIR 5 costs more than a month's minimum wage here in Brazil (because import taxes are about 160% here...), and even though I can afford it, I just simply would not feel good about myself splurging like that.

EZdok is really nice and affordable. Not so easy to use but I think they're creating a new version that's supposed to be more user friendly and set to release soon. Check it out.

Brandon Burkley

I just returned ezdok for the bugs, so I I would give you this advice: Use it, then see if you like it. Especially since Flight1 has a 30 day return policy. Some people have it working without problems, so I wouldn't want to deter you from getting it. A new version?! I'll certainly look into that.

Hey Ruben, Yeah EZdok was a pain in the a$$ to setup, especially since the documentation that came with it really blows. I basically figured it out by watching some video tutorials some guy did that were extremely helpful. I think they're on EZdok's forums, or just search it on YouTube, he has a few of them ranging from setup, basics, and advanced effects, etc. I feel you, for awhile I wanted to return it too. If I were you now, just wait for the new version, supposed to be coming soon from what I hear... All the best,

Brandon Burkley

I actually do that too, but it also takes both hands...
Try X-Mouse. You can assign a key (I use enter) to your middle mouse button, and change the key command inside FSX for mouse view to that key. No more having to use two hands. http://www.highrez.c...ttonControl.htm

Hey Ruben, Yeah EZdok was a pain in the a$$ to setup, especially since the documentation that came with it really blows. I basically figured it out by watching some video tutorials some guy did that were extremely helpful. I think they're on EZdok's forums, or just search it on YouTube, he has a few of them ranging from setup, basics, and advanced effects, etc. I feel you, for awhile I wanted to return it too. If I were you now, just wait for the new version, supposed to be coming soon from what I hear... All the best,
Thanks. Will do and sounds like a plan.