Sign in to follow this  
danieln

FMS STAR zulu, alpha etc arrivals

Hi fellas, This is probably a more suitable topic for the AIRAC section, or general area but since it applies to the NG ill ask away here. I don't quite understand the difference between all the Alpha, Zulu, Delta Zulu, arrivals and all that sort of stuff with the STARs. Perhaps someone could shine some light and explain them? I couldn't find anything on google with my search terms. For example: http://www.airservic...ChartsTOC.htm#M Scroll down to Melbourne Tullamarine (YMML) Look at the arrivals and you'll see theres different versions which all look almost identical. What's best for the 737NG? I noticed some procedures switch from RNAV-U (RNP) to RNAV-Z (GNSS) depending on whatever sub-variant of the STAR chosen. Are any of these relevant to the NG systems or are they only applicable to nonsimulated ops?

G'day Daniel, The codes at the end of STARs indicate how the STAR terminates into an approach. Check out this link for some good info. http://vatpac.org/fo...ean-Information Hope this helps. Regards,Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

The different versions (ie Alpha, Zulu, Delta) in the star title pertain to the type of approach you will be flying into Melbourne. 16 Alpha would be a loc approach16 Delta would be a ndb approach27 Alpha would be a loc approach 16 Zulu would be an RNAV approach..., etc If you read the bottom it tells you the type of approach to expect with that star.

Sean Green