Sign in to follow this  
ksta

External Model Errors

IBTL
Not trying to start a flame war or be a troll, just want to point out errors. I'm new, so, if this is not the appropriate place to post this, then please let me know.

Ken Stango

Actually I don't think those are errors, just small differences between different versions of the plane. Just like the windowsize has changed over the years (something someone else brought up a few months ago). The NGX has been built from the blueprints of the real NG which they got from Boeing... So I highly doubt any mistakes.

I understand your concerns, if I will, but truly they make no difference as these are very micro errors. I like the plane the way it is ;)
I understand what you mean. You ever notice how the beacon light on the top of the fuselage is a little off center to reflect the actual design? I just thought that, if PMDG would do that, then maybe they would appreciate a little more help for improvement.
Actually I don't think those are errors, just small differences between different versions of the plane. Just like the windowsize has changed over the years (something someone else brought up a few months ago). The NGX has been built from the blueprints of the real NG which they got from Boeing... So I highly doubt any mistakes.
If this is the case, then I apologize, and this thread can be deleted.

Ken Stango

Not trying to start a flame war or be a troll, just want to point out errors. I'm new, so, if this is not the appropriate place to post this, then please let me know.
3d model for NGX was created using official Boeing materials, not photos found on web. Some things may look slightly different because of the fact that there is limited amount of polygons/vertex/etc to use (ever noticed that fuselage is not perfectly round in FSX?...). There's also thing called perspective, and of course lightning which affects the way we see things, there's huge, I mean really huge difference between real light and artificial one.Other developers are using photos to create their models, but if you're arguing with PMDG about model your arguing more with Boeing than with PMDG, go ask here then: http://boeing.com/ wink.png Cheers,

3d model for NGX was created using official Boeing materials, not photos found on web. Some things may look slightly different because of the fact that there is limited amount of polygons/vertex/etc to use (ever noticed that fuselage is not perfectly round in FSX?...). There's also thing called perspective, and of course lightning which affects the way we see things, there's huge, I mean really huge difference between real light and artificial one.Other developers are using photos to create their models, but if you're arguing with PMDG about model your arguing more with Boeing than with PMDG, go ask here then: http://boeing.com/ wink.png Cheers,
Noted.

Ken Stango