Sign in to follow this  
SergioPT

"Nvidia controller stopped responding and was restarted"

Hi Captains, Greetings from sunny Portugal! Flying the NGX has been a pleasant experience so far and the hotfixes seem to have eliminated occasional freezes I experienced. There is an issue that still happens now and then and that is quite annoying: fsx completely pauses for several seconds (around 10) and then everything works again. If I ctrl+enter during the pause, I eventually get to my desktop and see a message displayed stating "Nvidia controller stopped responding and was restarted ". A google search on the subject pointed me to possible hardware issues (power and/or memory issues). My last attempt to address this was to underclock DRAM on the bios to 800Mhz (from the default 1066 Mhz). Only had a test flight after that and everything was fine (where usually I would get the error). I just wonder if anyone else experienced this and would care to share some tips on the subject. My system is not overclocked in any way. Some specs on my system (only the ones I recall, since I am not at home right now):Asus P5P board (flashed with latest firmware)Intel I5Nvidia GTX4606 Gb RAM Sergio SilvaPortugal

BTW, are you using the 280 drivers?It´s well know that it causes overheating in nvidia vb´s. Your error is the exact result of this problem. NVidia is creating a new driver version to solve this.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

BTW, are you using the 280 drivers?
Affirm! But a roll back to old driver version (tested quite a few) does not seem to solve the issue

The Nvidia drives on my latop do that occasionally, (and I do not have the PMDG installed on the laptop) I assume it is the drivers, and will be corrected in a later version. So you are NOT the only ine who has this happen... feel better ?? Geoff

I had this happen last week!! First time ever and using the NGX. I am very wary of updating my NVIDIA drivers because each and every time I do they totally muck up my system and last time the new driver would not recognise my second monitor. Maybe I should update...

During the install process, select Fresh install. Avoids any other driver conflict

Yes, they are ... Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I get this every flight but it recovers everytime. I'm glad to hear that the suspect is a driver since my video card is only a couple months old.

Chuck Biggins

Thanks for the input, everybody.

During the install process, select Fresh install. Avoids any other driver conflict
Been there, done that ;-)
So you are NOT the only ine who has this happen... feel better ??
In the sense that most likely there is nothing else to try and that the problem aparently is not in the element between the chair and the keyboard, yes LOL.gif

My drivers are OLD (def not 280) and it did it. I may try an update then to see if mine behaves differently. The main reason (apart from the hassle with the monitors) is that I'm only in Vista when I'm flight simming. Rest of the time in Mac OSX.