Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird8

To HotFix or not to HotFix? That is the question...

I've read with interest the widely varying experiences of people using the hot-fixes. I have so far not used any of them and am running the NGX as installed, and apart from a few minor things (which may or may not be 'user error') I am having no problems. So...to hotfix or not to hotfix. They say don't mess with a running system.... and if it ain't broke don't fix it...? What would your advice be?

I've read with interest the widely varying experiences of people using the hot-fixes. I have so far not used any of them and am running the NGX as installed, and apart from a few minor things (which may or may not be 'user error') I am having no problems. So...to hotfix or not to hotfix. They say don't mess with a running system.... and if it ain't broke don't fix it...? What would your advice be?
Take a look at my post in the 'HOTFIX3=FLOPFIX'

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

PMDG recommend to install it ... I had no problems with the hotfixes ...But if I wouldn't mess with a running system I would still be on an 386 with dos 6.22 and win 3.11 ... If its not working you can still reinstall the aircraft which will take maybe 5min at most ?

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Hi Thunder, Yes, you should hotfix because not only freezes and registration issues are being resolved. I did not have any of them, but the last hotfix solved a sound problem I had using two monitors - and I'm very happy now. So, I think minor problems are also attacked. Regards

Heron Jr

800driver.jpg

yes they fixed not only panelfreeze or reg errors, they also fixed small stuff which most users wont even bother to use like baro/radio mins settings, keybindings and other things ...if you don't find any of these errors you might not need it but it fixed many small things for me which are not gamebraking, but annoying at least

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I uninstalled NG.Downloaded the NG again (allfixesincluded!).Copied it to a CD for backup.Installed NG again.No problems.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I have installed nos. 1, 2 and 3. no problems Question is in how far these reported problems are related to installing the hotfix or if they would have occured regardless.maybe the HF just brought some symptoms to surface of a deeper problem already lurking to get out anyway. who can tell. In any case, while i am still testing the aircraft and expecting one HF after the other still to come, i am not going to install any liveries. But i will install evety HF that comes out. because these people tell me that i should and i think they know more about it than i do.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

I've tried HotFix one and three both of which created problems where there were none at all. Despite neither of them working for me it is little to no effort to remove the hotfix and re-install the base package. For this reason I will continue trying the Hotfixes when they come out and I would suggest the same to anyone. So, give it a try and you may be pleasantly surprised. If it does not work what have you lost? Nothing really.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I'm still using Hotfix 1 with the Dome Light Fix and everything is works fine!

Henk de Vries

It doesn't take but 5 min tops to reinstall the whole thing if needed so why not upgrade if they say its mandatory? Shrug. If you do a regular install without manually removing anything almost all your settings are still there. My assigned hotkeys for the NGX were still there even after i reinstalled it because it doesnt remove your customizations, just the liveries. So I going to uninstall mine, download the new installer and fix all in one shot. FPS Hit? Life is full of Risks, everytime you install a new Video Driver your risking a Hit. But it could go either way and your Sim could actually improve. Just Kidding.gif

Ok, question, I'm on HF3 and want to go back to HF1 or HF2, what would be the best way of doing it, removing NGX and reinstalling or removing the HF's, if that's possible. Thanks in advance, Cuco

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

PATCO lives!!!

Air Traffic Controllers tell pilots where to go!

Same here. Funny thing (not funny at all), in the readme it states: ".. please run this installer again and select the REMOVE option. "There is none.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team